Birthday Wishes

Kirislin

It's my darling Feathers birthday today. She's now a teenager, 13 years old. Since her mother Kibah died just a couple of weeks before she reached 14 I thought I'd better make an extra special fuss of little Feathie today, so I'm roasting a Steggles chicken and all of us will enjoy roast chicken and veggies this evening.

I wanted to take some pretty birthday photos of her too but I'm not so sure of pulling that one off. So far all I've managed is a shot of her on her favourite chair and it's no good. I had a brainwave thinking, I'll take her out in to the paddock. That's sure to animate her because she's never allowed out there, so I clip on her lead and start taking her towards the paddock gate. All the other dogs are keenly bounding around hoping they'll be allowed out there too, but little old Feathie was hanging back. I pulled her through the gate sure that as soon as she realised we were going for a walk she'd be really excited and interested in everything. I unclipped the lead and she stopped for a wee and then promptly turned and ran back to the gate to be let inside the yard again. I opened the gate and she hightailed it back inside the house. I suppose it's official, she's old. :cry: Once she would have loved the chance to go exploring in the paddock. And it looks like I wont be able to take a decent birthday photo of her either, although the day's not over yet, I'll keep trying, but it's her day and I wont be forcing her to do anything she doesn't want to.

Gotta love the senile delinquents, yes? They march to the beat of their own drum, despite what you think you want them to do...

My Zeddy has developed selective deafness and feigns it being hard to get up the back steps... even though she can hear the food bin opening and get herself inside quicksmart from the middle of the yard... *sigh*

ETA: Zeddy will be 16 in August.

T.

Edited by tdierikx