Warning ! Melb Folks ( Banyulecity Council Area)

persephone

CLICK HERE

If you have a dog, please take extra care. We have had two reports of dog baiting. In Bellfield, a woman walking her dog in Ford Park found several pieces of salami, which had large red fish hooks threaded through them (pictured).

In Lower Plenty, three dogs were poisoned after raw sausage meat containing a poison was found in their backyard. The dogs, two Maltese Shitzu Cross and a Maltese Pug Shitzu, were going home today after nearly $3,000 of veterinary care. The type of poison used has vets baffled.

Edited by persephone

There have been cases in Richmond and the inner suburbs as well.

The scary thing is the more are reported the more sickos across town think "GREAT IDEA!" and copy them. I have seriously considered walking my dog in a muzzle so he can't eat things, cause heaven knows he would.

There was a case today with white marshmallows that had something like rat poison inside them, I think it might have been in Sydney? This is abhorrent and I honestly don't know how these people sleep at night. I do wonder if they're kids :(

We walk our dog in the national forest near us (1080 free) but are always on the alert for anything she might try and pick up as she is a complete opportunist and would gobble anything up.

Edited by Better Late

This makes me sick to my stomach, nowadays it gets dark so early when I walk my dog at night I can hardly see if she picks up and eats things off the ground when sniffing around. There have been cases of fish hooks in sausages at an inner city park near me too. Why are people so awful?!

I live very close to Lower Plenty and walk in a lot of parks near my house with the dogs, so this is rather disconcerting news :( I always have my dogs on leash though. I'm fortune that all our surrounding neighbours are friendly and you have to walk right down past our front door to leave anything in the yard.

The scary thing is the more are reported the more sickos across town think "GREAT IDEA!" and copy them. I have seriously considered walking my dog in a muzzle so he can't eat things, cause heaven knows he would.

Yes I saw this on the news and my first thought was thank dog my two wear muzzles.

Yes I saw this on the news and my first thought was thank dog my two wear muzzles.

Stan would not eat anything unauthorised! You blasphemer!

He seems like he has the same goal as Gus, leaving the house means sniffing and potential treats. I know he would eat whatever he found and at great speed before I could take it off him...

Stan would not eat anything unauthorised! You blasphemer!

He seems like he has the same goal as Gus, leaving the house means sniffing and potential treats. I know he would eat whatever he found and at great speed before I could take it off him...

Oh for sure he would hoover anything in in a second. Maddie will drop something if I tell her to "drop it" like the chocolate biscuits the kids over the back threw over the fence *sigh* but not piggy boy!