Justice All Hyped Up (Aka Hype)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't he lovely! Are you going to do agility with him DC? A bit different from the BCs!

Yep, thats the plan :) He will likely be a 400 height dog, both his parents are 412mm at the shoulder. At this point he is the 2nd smallest of the litter, all the brothers are about a kg heavier and 1 sister is about 500g heavier I think. The other sister is about 500g lighter, she is tiny. At the moment he weighs about 5.5kg.

Glad to see your computer up and running :)

They are definitely an interesting breed and I will have fun following Hype's progress I am sure!

Naturally being a Pyrenees breed I am drawn to them, and many Pyr breeders/owners the world over also have the little Berger as well.

Definitely not the breed for everyone as you say!

The corded ones I have seen only have a few cords on their back rather than the whole coat.

I have quite a few photos of them from the Pyrenean Breeds Nationale d'Elevage in France (show held annually in Argeles-Gazost) so will have to dig them out.

The breed club in France for the breed is http://www.chiens-des-pyrenees.com/

A well known breeder in the US that has both breeds (though mostly the Pyr Shep these days - their Sunny Bear is the First Pyr Shep to win an AKC Best in Show): https://www.facebook...enean.Shepherds

Yeh, I am finding many people own both breeds, I guess it makes sense given they were bred to work closely together :) The biggest problem I am finding is that nothing is in English :laugh:

Yeh, I am finding many people own both breeds, I guess it makes sense given they were bred to work closely together :) The biggest problem I am finding is that nothing is in English :laugh:

You learn to use translator a LOT LOL! Most of the Scandanavians speak English. The French speakers are manageable in writing with google translator etc or get someone to translate for you for the serious negotiations (which a lot do). Have muddled through quite a few conversations with rudimentary French and sign language LOL! (the language of dogs is universal ;) ). Patricia Princehouse (La Brise) ran a tour to the French National including visits to breeders etc last year. Not sure if she is doing it this year or not (show is in September). A lot of people from all over the world attend that show so there are always English speakers around.Many of the well known French international breed judges/mentors like Dupas and Pecoult speak English (Dupas actually judged out here this time last year).

Edited by espinay2

We have decided our next black one will have Hairy Maclary in the kennel name :laugh:

YES! I'm enjoying this thread. The photos are gorgeous & I'm learning a lot about a breed (breeds!) I didn't know much about.

Keep the pics coming. :)

Happy to keep posting photos and updates, you may just need to remind me if I haven't posted for a while :laugh:

Hype is such a fun little dog to train. Everything is a party and you have to be really on the ball to work with him. Repetition is NOT an option :laugh: Today we were learning to stand in a box, completely free shaped. Within a few minutes he had worked out exactly what I wanted and I was very impressed with how clever he was. Hype, on the other hand, decided that simply putting all 4 paws in a box was not clever enough so began to balance on the edges of the box, at one point he had a paw balancing on each side! I have no idea how he even managed to balance up there, but I think we can tick the "can independently move each foot with precision" box :laugh:

Happy to keep posting photos and updates, you may just need to remind me if I haven't posted for a while :laugh:

Consider yourself reminded, DC! It's going to be great watching Hype's progress. What a bundle of charm! :)

Isn't he lovely! Are you going to do agility with him DC? A bit different from the BCs!

Yep, thats the plan :) He will likely be a 400 height dog, both his parents are 412mm at the shoulder. At this point he is the 2nd smallest of the litter, all the brothers are about a kg heavier and 1 sister is about 500g heavier I think. The other sister is about 500g lighter, she is tiny. At the moment he weighs about 5.5kg.

He will stretch your training skills just like my Dally has - best teacher ever!

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been sent this insane video of a pyr shep working in the mountains. It shows me just why Hype has such incredible balance, agility and a love of being up high- if the breed didn't have it they wouldn't last very long!!! Apparently Hype's grandfather was a great cattle dog but was sadly kicked over the edge by a cow one day at work :(

Edited by DeltaCharlie

Eek!

I like how says' "thankyou" at the end - and uses the colours as commands :)

there is no way on god's earth I would even BE there - let alone try & herd sheep :o that is one BIG drop down .....

Love the little dog's joy and speed :)

thankyou.

Eek!

I like how says' "thankyou" at the end - and uses the colours as commands :)

there is no way on god's earth I would even BE there - let alone try & herd sheep :o that is one BIG drop down .....

Love the little dog's joy and speed :)

thankyou.

I think I would be more likely to try picking up each sheep and throwing it over myself before resorting to taking a dog out there! Of course, you also don't want to lose any sheep over the side so a calm presence is also required by dog and human. A whole other world to running sheep in Aus!

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to jump on to say I met a Pyrenees shepherd on my street in Inner west sydney today. I've never met one before and I was like all like gushing how Beautiful and the owner said he is imported from the u.s.?

Before Pagan scared him by play bowing all over the place and barking in his face to play, so we promptly left. Hope to see him again though.

Just wanted to jump on to say I met a Pyrenees shepherd on my street in Inner west sydney today. I've never met one before and I was like all like gushing how Beautiful and the owner said he is imported from the u.s.?

Before Pagan scared him by play bowing all over the place and barking in his face to play, so we promptly left. Hope to see him again though.

That was probably Wookiee, Hype's brother. They are from NZ. Wookiee lives in Sydney,can't remember the suburb). Or it could have been Presto who is a brindle boy imported from the US about 12months old but he normally lives in Bathurst or Orange (somewhere out that way and definitely not inner west :laugh: ) Their owners are good friends though so stay with each other some times.