Dog Cookies And Cakes

Monchichi

Hi All,

Would love your opinions on this topic " Dog cookies & cakes".

I have been baking cookies, cakes and meatloaf cake for my dog not long since she arrived, and yes I love baking too.

Few of my friends keep asking me to sell it in general public. Haven't made this to reality yet, as I need to find some time to do it.

So, if you don't mind giving me some feedback:

- what sort of price range are you willing to pay for dog cookies? and what sort of weight range? do you care of the weight or just by pieces?

- what sort of price range are you willing to pay for dog cakes? and sizes?

- what sort of price range are you willing to pay for dog meatloaf cake? and sizes?

- will you be looking at the ingredients on the product? if so, which ingredient in cookies/cakes/meatloaf that you tend to avoid for your dog?

anything else that you can tell me, please do so.

Thank you for your help! :thumbsup:

Ohhhh goodluck with your venture!

If I buy treats I aim for as much natural products, as possible with limited or no preservatives.

That can mean life expectancy is pretty short unless its dehydrated and this would change how many I might buy at once.

Will they be available online?

It would be good to know if the products can be frozen or should be eaten fresh.

I would want to see every ingredient listed in the order of use.

It would be nice to have a selection of grain or no grain.

Ummm it would be good to have small dog size and large dog size as an option (if they can't be cut smaller).

:)

Ingredients are important to me because one of our dogs can't have beef. I usually bulk order our treats (we have three dogs) but if I am at a farmers market or animal event and see something nice and reasonably priced I will buy them each something special. If I knew anyone who made dog birthday cakes locally I would pre-order and I would splash out a bit price wise. Natural and fresh ingredients are also important to me so I buy these kinds of treats for immediate consumption. You also need to sell at different price points as some people have loads of money and some don't. Perhaps you can have single item prices and then better prices for people who buy multiples and they can mix and match what they want to buy? My advice is to not have too many products. Try a few and see what sells best and keep refining from there. And make it clear they are for dogs so you visually attract the right kinds of people to your stall.

I've purchased some home made dog cookies from local markets before from memory they were around $3-4 for 5.

OH reported that they tasted very bland but they did smell great and the dogs went absolutely crazy for them!

Yep, OH is crazy and has tasted most of the canned foods we've bought in the past as well .

thank you all for your feedbacks, much appreciated!

yes, I have and will be making these cookies/cakes from natural ingredients and no preservatives.

Ingredients will be human grade for sure. What I eat that will be what my dog eats too. And where possible I will be using fresh ingredients. And will be using RSPCA Approved Chicken, Sow Stall Free Pork and sustainable seafood, etc. is this something that you will be considering too? more ethical sourcing?

yes, I have been thinking about grain and no grain options too. I had made both options before for my dog.

I love to make cookies by not using wheat flour if possible, so dogs that have allergy to gluten can have it too. is this something that you will be looking at when buying dog cookies?

would love to sell it at Farmers market, however at this point in time, this is not quite possible, so probably via facebook.

hahaha Taliecat, I tried most of the cookies/cakes/meatloaf I made for my dog too! except when I include the egg shell in it, then I don't eat it.

Oh talking egg shell, will you be happy if this is included in your dog's cake/meatloaf...either mixed inside or decorative outside?

I feed mine raw diet, hence she gets raw eggs and egg shells. so not sure in general public perspective of seeing crushed egg shells in dog cookies/cake/meatloaf.

All of that sounds good to me!

You might need to make some healthy human cookies to sell alongside the healthy doggy ones. :D

hahaha yes one day if time permits! I work full time mon-fri, and only weekends I can play around my kitchen but then I still have to take my little monster to park/beach and to her obedience school.

Come to thing of it...what sort of ingredients that you don't want to see in dog cookies/cakes?

A single protein source would be great for those of us with allergy dogs.

I know there's people on dol who's dogs react badly to even a small inclusion of the allergy material, ie chicken fat in a beef/lamb based treat.

High levels of grains and corn are something I'd want to avoid

A single protein source would be great for those of us with allergy dogs.

I know there's people on dol who's dogs react badly to even a small inclusion of the allergy material, ie chicken fat in a beef/lamb based treat.

High levels of grains and corn are something I'd want to avoid

thanks Taliecat :thumbsup:

I had experimented over the weekend on making treat without any flour...turned out great. I had 3 while cooling it down :rofl: however it's not crunchy enough as I was expected.

just need to see how long it will last in the container in room temperature.

will you be buying something like this in the photo? it's just fruits & coconut.

post-50172-0-85962800-1436231513_thumb.jpg