Teather Tug Original V's Aussie Dog Home Alone Bungie Toy

Willowlane

Im thinking of buying one of these for my English Springer Spaniel who LOVES TUG. To be used primarily when we are away from home and she is at home alone and out in the yard with our other dog. Im hoping it will give her something to do and keep her amused. She is only 14weeks but is 10kgs already and has a good strong bite. Im aware of not wanting to put too much pressure on her teeth or body and joints especially yet so called both companies and asked what sizes I should get for her age and weight.

The worry I have with the Aussie Dog Home Alone Bungie Toy is that she has to jump vertically, hang there, then drop vertically to play with it which is not good for her joints. Pro's are it is treat dispensing occasionally so rewarding, but the toy its self should be rewarding enough itself?

This is the video it has a video in the lower right very bottom hand corner of how the lady said it should ideally be used: https://aussiedog.com.au/product/home-alone-medium-2/

The Teather Tug Original is tried and tested all over the world and gives a more tug like experience. This is the description 'The toy comes with a 140cm Tether Tug pole, an in-ground base that allows the tug to remain firmly in the ground and be removed when needed, and a knotted rope toy with a "quick connector" to allow for easy changing of toys when needed (three are 3 different toys you can choose from). Flexible construction allows toy to turn, bend, and stretch during play'

This is the web address of the page it has a photo: http://www.politepaws.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1408

So does anyone have any experience with either of these toys or an opinion on which one might be best?

Thankyou so much

WL

I was just looking into the same thing this morning!!

What size did they recommend for your puppy? Mine is about the same age but 4-5kgs heavier (dalmatian). I was thinking the large.

I haven't had any experience with either but I really like the look of the tether tug. You could always put peanut butter or something on it if you want to make it extra special but I'm sure your puppy will have a ball just playing with it as is. I assume the Aussie dog one hangs from a tree as I can't see a pole that comes with it??

Thanks for the post:)

We've got a home alone bungie and have never put food in it as there's really no way for it to easily come out.

It does however have a marble in it that seems to keep Dozer's interest.

We actually have ours a bit lower than what aussie dog suggest so he doesn't really hang off it if he's using the bite section. He'll pull it like he's playing tug with a person, but he will also jump up above where the ball is and hang off that while pawing at the ball.

It's attached to the support beams of our patio, with an amstaff I wouldn't hang it off anything weaker as he would probably destroy it with how hard he pulls, as it is now he shakes the patio something chronic.

Yes the Aussie one hangs from a strong tree or pergola.

The teather tug I have not been able to get onto them but have left a message asking for her to call me back. The info on the page says the medium one is 10-16kgs, Bully breeds of all sizes require XL.

The info on the large says 'The Tether Tug Large is the bigger, stronger sibling of the original Tether Tug. Built with a stronger, thicker core, the Tether Tug Large is designed for dogs between 15-27kg and for strong pulling breeds less than 15kg (Bully breeds require an XL). The Large's knotted rope toy is set higher than the original Tether Tug, but still provides the same level of energetic play as the original. The Large comes with an in-ground base that allows the tug to spin and turn, as well as a quick connector to allow for toy changes.'

For what its worth my high prey drive dog would not play with a home alone. She is trained using a tug through Steve's TID but tug is a two way game for her. She couldn't see the point in tugging on a home alone by herself. Part of the value for using tug for training as a reward is the interaction with you. I would save tug for training and leave other toys for her to play with at home.