Sturdy Dog Id Tags?

Hey all!

Do you know where I can buy a bunch of sturdy dog ID tags? I've had the grand idea of in addition to her kind of flimsy one I could have a couple that say stuff like "scared rescue" and of course, name/number back ups if one falls off.

:s Bit shaken by all the local people on FB on the lost dog pages who upon finding a scared dog will decide it's abused and not take it to the vet because it is scared and keep it for themselves D: so hoping to mitigate that in the (i really hope it never happens) event that she gets lost and someone manages to catch her.

Thinking like stainless steel and embedded?

Thank you picture:

tumblr_nrksgrcfLe1qh8fino1_500.jpg

Edited by Thistle the dog

Cant help you with your request, but I just brought new collars for my dogs that have my phone number and their name embroidered into the collar. That way if the tags fall off which they have done before, the details are still on the collar.

Gruf has a collar with a metal clasp which is engraved saying his name, microchipped, ph number. A large collar like you would need would have plenty of room for a short sentence to be engraved.

Gruf has a collar with a metal clasp which is engraved saying his name, microchipped, ph number. A large collar like you would need would have plenty of room for a short sentence to be engraved

Woah I really like that! What a cool idea

And thanks Mim I see they sell them. So stylish too!

(She's going to have so many tags no one can doubt she's loved!)

Edited by Thistle the dog

I've always just used giant click tags, print out the info, trim and laminate and put inside. Scout's has lasted well over 6 years since I made it. Sarge has a mini one, until I get a giant version. I do replace the rings with sturdier key rings from old unused key bundles.

Made one for the Kelpie next door and she swims in dams and pools and what knot and it's still going strong after a year.

Plastic Key Tags

All our dogs have their name and number engraved on their collars, but the 2 with medication requirements have plastic tags from Bow Wow. They are great, easy to read and quite sturdy but unfortunately don't hold up well against puppy teeth! So Shock is getting a new aluminium one from silverwombat. I've only just ordered it so will let you know what the quality is like when it arrives, for $5.95 though there isn't much to complain about!

What I like about Bow Wow and silverwombat is that you can engrave on both sides. I needed that ability as she is on quite a bit of medication through the day and some at 8hr intervals so needed to have one side for "i need medication please take me to a vet asap" and then the other side for her dosages. Being a teacher I won't necessarily answer my phone throughout the day so safest place for her would be at the vets.

We have these, they are awesome.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=coolcollarsuk&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR11.TRC1.A0.H0.Xdingo.TRS0&_nkw=dingo&_sacat=0

They're really thick, the print hasn't faded and I just replaced our 8 year old cat's tag with a new one after he lost his collar, but the tag was still awesome! Gus swims in his all through summer and it gets muddy and foul all through winter, no rust, no fading and they're so funky!

This is the cheapest place we have found to buy them, they arrived in a few days too.

These are two tags I had done to match themed collars for the Idiot Dog.

I needed a fair amount of room to put in information about his medical condition/medication needs and I also wanted ones that would fit a silencer because clinking tags drive me nuts. Both are attached to a sturdy lobster clasp so they can be easily taken off.

19574756478_4248ef8813.jpg

19141878683_9998e07abf.jpg

Edit- link to seller - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pet-tags-Military-style-/321522838688?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&var=&hash=item76d64931bb

Edited by Maddy

I like that you list that they're chipped and the medical issues. Thistle is chipped and snipped but has no ear tattoo coupled with her around stranger behaviour, I can see why uneducated ppl might think stray.

Might be overkill but I'm thinking one of those boomerang ones with "thistle - scared rescue - microchipped - contact number" and then the usual dangly ones x 2 (big and viewable at a distance for those who cannot catch her. So black on stainless steel engraved). Her current tag and rego are attached to her with a bigger key ring.

Also your eBay tags are really cute.

Sorry to hijack but what do people use to attach their tags to collars? I need something that I can easily transfer between collars but is tough.

Boomerang tags attach directly onto the collar and that's why i like them so much; no danglies to get caught on anything.

Sorry to hijack but what do people use to attach their tags to collars? I need something that I can easily transfer between collars but is tough.

Boomerang tags attach directly onto the collar and that's why i like them so much; no danglies to get caught on anything.

Mine have multiple collars worn for different activities and never wear a collar at home so easily transferred danglies are needed

Mine have multiple collars worn for different activities and never wear a collar at home so easily transferred danglies are needed

Maybe get something like I use on mine? I bought a pack of ten pretty cheaply and added a small split ring to each one. That way, it's easy to move tags around or have different sets of tags for different things.