Victoria's Enquiry Into Bsl

huck house

• 1 month later...

https://responsiblec...m/publications/

This group has also arranged for Bill Bruce to be in Australia for the enquiry in October .

Still reading .....still care

No, sorry, that is incorrect.

The group responsible for bringing Bill Bruce out from Canada to speak with the Committee that is doing the inquiry is Dogs On Trail, DOT Victoria.

Bill is being brought out from Canada by DOT using funds that have come from the sale of their merchandise, fund raising auctions and donations.

You can read the information about this in the submission that Dogs On Trial have made to the inquiry.

Thanks for the correction sumosmum. . An informative link would be helpful too .I am well aware of DOT and sorry I did not take the time to fact check my post . I am taking the notion of 'effective advocacy' to the extreme with this issue -What we say and how we say it is crucial in turning public opinion and policy makers. So often I say nothing .Some involved in the anti-BSL community didn't get the memo and still don't understand the message .I am armed with all the information, ability to recall scientific facts with an index of all the National and International experts and organisations , yet using it to effect is my greatest challenge . The argument should be a slam-dunk but is not because of people's cognitive bias and in no way do I want to add to the prejudice. What bothers me is that BSL divides even dog people and overshadows the most important issue which is to overhaul animal management services to be fair and humane. If we do design something along the lines of the Calgary Model, BSL is then irrelevant. Bill Bruce never singles out breed in regard to animal management.This forum is full of canine owners who do not read and do not care because they still see the no BSL movement as a pro-pitbull debate and not critical in highlighting that science should dictate our approach to animal management.Again , sorry I didn't acknowledge DOT in my original post particularity in regards to funding Bill Bruce coming from Canada.

Disclosure- I do not formally belong to any anti-BSL groups because I do not totally support their approach , but have supported dogs caught up in the legislation via these communities .

• 7 months later...