Puppy Enrichment

Tapua

These are called activity boxes or enrichment boxes and are awesome.

Well done Tap. We are in the process of making ours. We're actually working on it right now. We're plugging off 2 of the bottom tubes so we can fill them with sand for stability.

Unfortunately we have the same problem as you did, 3 way corner pieces don't seem to be readily available in Australia so makes it a bit trickier designing it and putting it together and also wastes some precious hanging space. But still excellent :thumbsup:

That is absolutely gorgeous TSD. Even the cat wants to have a go :rofl:

Lablover I am certain that is what the Rotty version would look like at about 6 weeks old, if not sooner :rofl:

I bet! I tend to use the puppy toy frame only when the pups are inside. My example above was on a hot stinking day. My pups generally as they mature like to roam around my backyard which is 1/2 acre with lots of different surfaces and tunnels etc. Plus they play tug with each other (my old clothes).

I love watching puppies play with things like this. And ball pits :laugh:

Like this? :D

So cute. So big! How old were the pups, Spotted Devil?

I think about 6 weeks give or take...they are big pups for sure! I was going to do the frame of dangly stuff but by the time they had forced themselves through the brooms, rakes and cover in the back yard I realised it would be obsolete :laugh: GP sounds delighted with his new pup by the way!

Edited by The Spotted Devil

That is absolutely gorgeous TSD. Even the cat wants to have a go :rofl:

Lablover I am certain that is what the Rotty version would look like at about 6 weeks old, if not sooner :rofl:

Yes there were some very unimpressed adult dogs and cats - all the lovely new toys and food and they weren't allowed near them. All they got were their toes nibbled :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to try to build one that can withstand curious adult foxes (yes, real ones - rescues)... any suggestions? Adult foxes can be very destructive, and one in particular has been known to eat things he shouldn't... errr!

When we have kits in care, I'll be amending the design to make some for them too...

T.