Tv Adds Your Dogs Hate...or Love

flame ryder

My Chinese crested loves (or hates? I'm not quite sure) the daddy add on TV, he also likes (or hates?) the Whiskers cat food add (the one with the kitten running across the floor and talking like a human child). He goes right up to the TV and carries on, howling ect. I am not sure why he does this, if it's because he enjoys seeing those adds or doesn't like them. Either way it gives us all a good laugh.

Does anyone else have dogs who have strange reactions to TV adds? If so which ones?

The Tibbie girls are usually in their buddhist zone & ignore the TV and ads. One exception is Animal Airport (that's on 72). Follows all the animals coming into London Airport from planes.

When dogs, especially puppies, make any noises, my Annie's ears prick up & she looks interested. She never does that in any other dog-related ad or program.

The spooky thing is that Annie was imported from Sweden & would've changed planes at London Airport. May just be a coincidence that the dog noises in the program are specially authentic ....

Edited by mita

Fleming is usually sound asleep on the sofa next to me, but there's an ad where someone rings a doorbell which will guarantee to rouse him from the deepest sleep and get him up and racing up the hall to bark at the front door.

I don't even have a door bell myself so doG knows how he knows to react that way :laugh:

Saxon reacts to the daddy ad too! He makes worried loud whiney noises. He first did it with the Allianz insurance ad where the people yell "aaaaahhh", I assume it's the pitch of the voices that sets him off. It sounds as though he's quite concerned about the people :laugh:

Riley is hilarious about it, the second one of the ads start he leaps up and looks from Saxon to the tv and back like he's saying "come on, it's that ad!"