Staffordshire Bull Terrier Runt

Maddie29

Hi Everyone,

I'm after some advise and opinions about a SBT puppy. So after a lot research and personal experiences we have decided to go with SBT as our family dog. She is a pure breed with papers and 4 weeks old. We went last week to meet her and before we could ask, the breeder did mention the thinning spot on the top of her head. It was about the size of a 50c coin and he said it happens when they start them on solid food and didn't seem to worried about it. He also mentioned that she was the smallest in the litter. She was a little bit smaller compared to the others but nothing major.

I know every pup is different but we are just worried that something might be wrong with her as she is the runt and loosing hair. He will send us all the info from her 6 week check up but that just a "look over" right? Is this common with SBT? We also might breed her later on and would this affect anything because she is the runt? It would just be heartbreaking for us and our children if she was sick and we don't know till after she is home.

Thanks so much!

Edited by Maddie29

I've seen rescue pups thinning on the top of their heads... we used to put it down to diet, and changed them up to more premium or raw feeds... tended to clear up pretty quickly.

Could also be worm burden... breeder needs to worm the pups every 2 weeks...

T.

He said he gives them tin food so guess it might depend if it's not a good one.

And he said he is worming them.

Thanks everyone. She is probably fine, just us being a little worried as we have never had these problems when we bought our other dog.

Personally i am more concerned that at 4 weeks the pup you are having you plan to breed from without knowing whether she is even worthy of being breed from .

Generally alot more thought goes into selecting a bitch that may be suitable for breeding & thats if she even turns out .

Are you planning to show her & become a registered breeder or just have a litter ??

Personally i am more concerned that at 4 weeks the pup you are having you plan to breed from without knowing whether she is even worthy of being breed from .

Generally alot more thought goes into selecting a bitch that may be suitable for breeding & thats if she even turns out .

Are you planning to show her & become a registered breeder or just have a litter ??

Where does it say they want to breed her ? The Op says pup is for a family pet.

It's in the OP - I missed it.

It's in the OP - I missed it.

Oh sorry i need to wear my glasses.