Gazebos

PooMother

HI Everyone

I am in the market for a new gazebo and am looking at compact ones as they will be the only size that will fit into the back of the Mazda.

I want something that isn't going to fall apart after 6 months, is sturdy but can also be lifted and set up by myself.

Oh and that I will be able to accessories for ie walls that actually fit etc :-)

Any advice / experiences with different makes greatly appreciated

Cheers

Chris

Can't go past the Oztrail compact (I have the standard compact) - I have had mine for years now, put it up so many times and it is still great. I can put it up by myself with the aid of a peg hammered in the leg on the opposite corner to the one I am pulling out.

Edited by pie

I also have the standard Oztrail compact (2.4x2.4 m) and find it relatively manageable to put up by myself. It is about 18kg I think folded and bagged. Although the bag does have wheels on I find they are on the wrong side of the bag as there is a pouch for the roof and pegs on the same side which means that the pouch sometimes drags on the ground. Overall though it is a decent unit and much lighter that the Deluxe Compact.

I have a oztrail deluxe 3 x 3 but find it cumbersome to erect on my own and it wont fit in my car. I also have friends who bought a new oztrail compact deluxe and they found it was not as well made as the older compact deluxe ones? I did think about one of those altegra (sp?)

I also have the standard Oztrail compact (2.4x2.4 m) and find it relatively manageable to put up by myself. It is about 18kg I think folded and bagged. Although the bag does have wheels on I find they are on the wrong side of the bag as there is a pouch for the roof and pegs on the same side which means that the pouch sometimes drags on the ground. Overall though it is a decent unit and much lighter that the Deluxe Compact.

I hear you! I need a new bag for mine and I am thinking of getting a canvas place to make me one with the pouch on the other side.

I have an Oztrail 3m x 3m. Just the basic model. I use it at markets and have to take it in and out of the car, drag it around, put it up and take it down by myself. I bought it last year at Big W and it was only $129. Bargain. Not even on special! If you do a youtube search you will find plenty of clips that explain how to put it up and take it down all by yourself. I have done so many, many times. The reason my old one broke on the frame was when some idiot man decided to 'help' me put it up and with my current one the only damage is to the canopy and that happened when my doofus sister 'helped' me too - she pinched the canopy in one of the folding arms.

My only complaint is also with the bag. I like to leave the canopy on as it can be used on a weekly basis but of course you can't do the bag up again with it like that and it just flops to the ground. My bag is badly scraped because I also think the wheels and pouch are on the wrong side. Obviously these were only road tested by men during the developmental phase!

I have the oztrail compact 2.4 x 2.4. It is about 7 or 8 years old and still going strong (and I don't go easy on it LOL! - the roof is left on and just stuffed in the bag with it. only thing getting a bit 'old' is the bag! and agree the bag is the worst thing about it). Easy for me to put up by myself and can fit two large pens underneath it (one c crate SP8 and a no name of similar size but just slightly narrower) plus grooming table etc. All walls and silver walls can be purchased in the appropriate size. I honestly wouldn't use anything else.

Edited by espinay2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for all of the opinions, still I have not a decision :-)

Still on gazebos. I need to replace the canopy on my other oztrail - thought I could use the regular one when away with friends as Ihave all the gear for it and use the compact when on my own - anyway, different colours......shouldI get the usual blue replacement or maybe the white canopy?

TIA

Thanks for all of the opinions, still I have not a decision :-)

Still on gazebos. I need to replace the canopy on my other oztrail - thought I could use the regular one when away with friends as Ihave all the gear for it and use the compact when on my own - anyway, different colours......shouldI get the usual blue replacement or maybe the white canopy?

TIA

white reflects. That's why houses are whitewashed in hot countries

My oztrail is about 10 years old, the frame is still great, but the tent decided to give way last year and the carry bag is in a bad way ????????

Is it worth buying a new top and a new bag or would it be cheaper to buy a whole new gazebo. I use it alot for all of my dog sports and I use the tent that attaches to it.

My oztrail is about 10 years old, the frame is still great, but the tent decided to give way last year and the carry bag is in a bad way ????????

Is it worth buying a new top and a new bag or would it be cheaper to buy a whole new gazebo. I use it alot for all of my dog sports and I use the tent that attaches to it.

Is yours a 3m deluxe ? This is the issue I am having also. I have the oztrail 3m deluxe just need a new canopy for it. You can pick up a canopy on eBay for 90-110 in a range of colours.

I could just buy a canopy for mine, I just am no good at erecting it and its too long for my car

Is yours a 3m deluxe ? This is the issue I am having also. I have the oztrail 3m deluxe just need a new canopy for it. You can pick up a canopy on eBay for 90-110 in a range of colours.

I could just buy a canopy for mine, I just am no good at erecting it and its too long for my car

Mine goes on top of my car and yes it's a 3x3. Problem is to get a new one off ebay, I can get one for $180 + $40 postage. So which one is better value for money. New roof and bag or everything new?

Mine goes on top of my car and yes it's a 3x3. Problem is to get a new one off ebay, I can get one for $180 + $40 postage. So which one is better value for money. New roof and bag or everything new?

It is a dilemma, I have been told that new ones are not made the same way anymore and are not as strong. Not sure if anyone else on here can very this or not? Even though I have been told this I am still struggling with whole new gazebo (compact deluxe) or new canopy.

I am also having issues with the fact that this is such a dilemma for me lol