Crate Recommendations

emilymarston

Hi everyone! I'm looking into buying crates for my dogs. Any recommended brands or stores? And is there anything in particular I should consider when choosing a crate? I'm after a high quality metal crate that comes in smaller sizes (spaniel size to be specific).

Thanks!

Edited by emilymarston

Just a bit worried about "tough sturdy metal". Is that cos the dog tries to get out of the crate - to me that would mean more or better training needed.

My dog could quite easily rip her way out of all the crates I've had but doesn't try cos she likes it in there and knows I will always come back for her.

The sturdiest ones I've seen are the show trolley crates. You can use those as tables too. One of my fold up crates got broken when someone sat or fell on it.

http://www.ozgroomingworld.com.au/aeolus-1-berth-aluminium-show-trolley-small-size-p638/

Just a bit worried about "tough sturdy metal". Is that cos the dog tries to get out of the crate - to me that would mean more or better training needed.

My dogs aren't the type to try and get out of crates. But I assume they will paw at the doors initially, so I'd rather have a crate that can withstand a little bit of resistance.

The ones on the link fold up :)

My dog has "pawed a bit" at the vebo soft sided - and it was fine. She pawed a lot at the bottom of it chasing kibble out the bobalot and that eventually made holes in the bottom.

This was the one that got broken when someone sat on it - so it's not good if people decide it's ok to put something on top. Had some strange things happen - like someone at hockey thought it would be good to elevate their injured ankle and tried to move it - except the dog was in it so it wouldn't move...

The ones on the link fold up :)

Yep, they do but mine have been set up in my "dog room" and left there. I don't use them for travelling, trials, shows etc.

And yes, awesome price. Lots of folk I know use these.

EM, if that's a spaniel in your avatar, these would be big enough for all but Springers I think.

Edited by Haredown Whippets