Proud Moments

Ashling

What times have you been really proud of your dog? I have just started walking my year and a half old Lab boy on a flat collar instead of the easy walk harness (very brave). I didn't think he could do it but he does. We are loving it. He pulls a little at first but I stop/be a tree until the leash slackens and then we have an enjoyable rest of the walk. I look at him and tell him how proud I am of him and how much he amazes me since he was nearly uncontrollable as a big puppy on walks. I am loving walking with him more and more each day.

What do your furkids do that make you proud?

Not much!! :mad

Just kidding, they do make me proud :D I had a little moment just yesterday, I went through with each of the three and had them do 'shake' with each paw, 'high 5' with each paw and 'high 10' with both paws. I knew they could each do elements of that but all three did all of them perfectly, even Riley, my speshul middle child.

I'm most proud when they show how far they've come with their "problem" behaviours - Riley has in the past been reactive towards certain types of dogs and we've put a lot of work in so when I now see him interacting politely with a dog that previously would have set him off I am very proud of him.

With Quinn it's her jumping on people, she looooves people and if she could would lick everyone all over their face and stick her tongue in their mouths, same thing we've put lots of work in and I see her approach people now and look up a their faces but control herself not to actually jump on them. I'm proudest of her around kids, little kids are her absolute favorite and she never used to be able to be off lead around them in case she knocked them over but now she can go up to them and stand around them wiggling her butt off and smiling at them but not touching them and it's so nice to see :)

I'm proud every time she stands calmly and looks at me while another dog is barking it's face off at her, I'm proud every time she creeps over to a stranger for food and even prouder if she goes over for a pat. I am incredibly proud of the day she sat and growled, but didn't react, to an overly bouncy lab all up in her face and I was proud beyond all measure the day she politely greeted a dog.

Every time she has the option to try to bolt and instead looks to me for guidance, I am very proud.

She's a good dog.

I'm proud of my dog very often, she is incredible. :thumbsup: But most recently I am super super proud of her for performing in a demo team with me at the Royal Show. She has come such a long way from being scared of a million things to being able to handle the stress, crowds, noise and pressure and perform flawlessly amongst other dogs and strangers - a HUGE achievement for her as she is wary of strangers. She had to perform in front of large crowds and work with stranger volunteers from the audience, 3 times that day underneath the sun in the heat. I was a very very very very very proud mum that day.

I am also proud of her for being so intuitive. Yesterday we were walking by the beach, when a family with two little girls walked past. The girls were visibly very scared of her (and possibly of dogs in general) and were clinging to their parents in fear. My girl loves children and would normally approach for a sniff and pat, but instead she must have sensed their fear and just quietly walked close to my side past them instead, without even looking at them. I didn't even have to say a word to her, she just fell into step. I was very proud of her then, and in general of what a well-mannered, obedient, easy dog she is. She truly is a joy to have, so dependable and reliable and such a massive massive credit to her breed. :heart:

I'm proud of my dog very often, she is incredible. :thumbsup: But most recently I am super super proud of her for performing in a demo team with me at the Royal Show. She has come such a long way from being scared of a million things to being able to handle the stress, crowds, noise and pressure and perform flawlessly amongst other dogs and strangers - a HUGE achievement for her as she is wary of strangers. She had to perform in front of large crowds and work with stranger volunteers from the audience, 3 times that day underneath the sun in the heat. I was a very very very very very proud mum that day.

I am also proud of her for being so intuitive. Yesterday we were walking by the beach, when a family with two little girls walked past. The girls were visibly very scared of her (and possibly of dogs in general) and were clinging to their parents in fear. My girl loves children and would normally approach for a sniff and pat, but instead she must have sensed their fear and just quietly walked close to my side past them instead, without even looking at them. I didn't even have to say a word to her, she just fell into step. I was very proud of her then, and in general of what a well-mannered, obedient, easy dog she is. She truly is a joy to have, so dependable and reliable and such a massive massive credit to her breed. :heart:

You and Breeze have both come such a long way Yin and you deserve your pride :) :thumbsup: You two are such a terrific team :love:

I think there is little that beats pride in our dogs. It always oozes love, achievements and a broad understanding and appreciation of where they have been, where they are now and where they are headed.

It's lovely to hear of owner's pride in their dogs :thumbsup:

You and Breeze have both come such a long way Yin and you deserve your pride :) :thumbsup: You two are such a terrific team :love:

I think there is little that beats pride in our dogs. It always oozes love, achievements and a broad understanding and appreciation of where they have been, where they are now and where they are headed.

It's lovely to hear of owner's pride in their dogs :thumbsup:

Why thank you....and Helloooooo...... I think you are the one with the most to be proud about.... who just made Rottweiler history in herding huh? Huuhh??? :laugh::thumbsup::p :party:

I have a lot of proud moments with my dogs, I think they are amazeballs. But recently I have pulled Daisy out of retirement (she is 9 years old tomorrow) and have been taking her for a spin in Rally-O. She has passed both times we have been in the ring and I am really delighted with her work ethic and attitude (not something people would usually tie to a Beagle!). This was her run out from the other week!

My pride in Stussy has been for different reasons. She is very loving and in tune with us humans, comforting when she thinks we are sad or unwell. But when we were fostering I saw a whole different side of her that made my heart swell and bought tears to my eyes. She was just the most loving and nurturing dog to other dogs too. We had a couple of very fearful fosters and ones who were broken souls. It took a while for them to trust us humans but as soon as they arrived I could literally see Stussy showing them around the house and yard giving them the low down - "this is how we let her know we want to go outside" "this is where our toys live" "if you want a treat you have to sit" "this is your crate". She would sit up and guard them while they slept. She shared beds with them to keep them warm. She taught some who had never had toys how to play tug. When we did formal training she was there showing them what the commands meant so they could follow but she never tried to get the treats. She encouraged them to keep moving when we went walking and they got scared. She was never pushy or demanding or irritated with them, even the ones who didn't seem to speak dog. She never got jealous or needy with sharing me either. And it didn't matter what age or sex they were. She really seemed to enjoy having a job and when one left she never mourned but welcomed the next one with equal enthusiasm. She really surprised me as she provided something to the rehabilitation of these dogs that I never could. We never know what our dogs are capable of till we put them in a new situation!

My pride in Stussy has been for different reasons. She is very loving and in tune with us humans, comforting when she thinks we are sad or unwell. But when we were fostering I saw a whole different side of her that made my heart swell and bought tears to my eyes. She was just the most loving and nurturing dog to other dogs too. We had a couple of very fearful fosters and ones who were broken souls. It took a while for them to trust us humans but as soon as they arrived I could literally see Stussy showing them around the house and yard giving them the low down - "this is how we let her know we want to go outside" "this is where our toys live" "if you want a treat you have to sit" "this is your crate". She would sit up and guard them while they slept. She shared beds with them to keep them warm. She taught some who had never had toys how to play tug. When we did formal training she was there showing them what the commands meant so they could follow but she never tried to get the treats. She encouraged them to keep moving when we went walking and they got scared. She was never pushy or demanding or irritated with them, even the ones who didn't seem to speak dog. She never got jealous or needy with sharing me either. And it didn't matter what age or sex they were. She really seemed to enjoy having a job and when one left she never mourned but welcomed the next one with equal enthusiasm. She really surprised me as she provided something to the rehabilitation of these dogs that I never could. We never know what our dogs are capable of till we put them in a new situation!

What a truely special pup! I'm just going to finish up bawling my eyes out now..

Yes I adore her - even her extreme naughtiness! Here is a pic of her with her first foster bro Clancy. He was so scared when he arrived that we had to keep a thin leash on him for the first three days so if we wanted to get close we'd have to stand on it to catch him. But this is him with Stussy in like the first week. She was his shadow, always reminding him he was ok, often sitting up guarding him while he slept in case he woke up in a panic. And when potential adopters came to meet any of these foster dogs she never got in the way or tried to protect the fosters from strangers or steal any limelight herself. Totally different to who she normally is (wanting everyone to love her the most). Fostering brought out a remarkable side to her - I think it is/was her calling! I've also got video footage of her teaching another foster bro to play tug. I don't think he'd ever owned a toy in his life and he certainly didn't have much experience with other dogs. But she kept throwing the tug in his face till he grabbed the end (usually running off with it) and she'd gently tug on the loose end till he got the idea it was a game they could play together. Makes me cry every time I watch it.

post-33739-0-67256800-1444136606_thumb.jpg

Edited by Little Gifts

Mac is still with us - he's been with me almost ten years after surviving a puppy farm. He has had 5 major operations since he's been with me and has a neurological disorder and dementia. He is the most resilient smoochy beautiful old boy I know. And I'm so proud of him I could cry.

I'm also incredibly proud of my Sarah - she kept a madcap schnauzer puppy in line all long weekend and taught him some manners!! She is the most brilliant old girl with puppies - boy do they get in line fast around her! So proud of her. Perse let me know if you want to lend her for your brood!! laugh.gif