A Lesson In Manners ...or ...

persephone

12074835_10153249958099007_1001215213577419964_n.jpg?oh=c386fcbc621accf55ae15fda8f122b9a&oe=569C668A

Some of our gang yesterday .8 wk old youngsters learning the finer points of why one should NOT annoy the Auntie who does not enjoy pup company .I was hoping the body language was visible - so you can maybe see it in your own dogs/pups .

Auntie stood stiffly ..tail raising .She then lifted her lips ..then growled ..then growled louder and snapped the air with a "GRUFF" sound ...

it worked ..and the nuisances couldn't get away fast enough.

this is the HUGE benefit of having puppies with Mum /other relatives as babies - so they DO learn manners , and get to understand dog language

Note the red pup..sensing some sort of excitement ..and trotting in to join the fray ...then learning her mistake REALLY fast .

Edited by persephone

Zeddy was the enforcer around here with the fosters... she'd let them get away with only so much, then an air snap and growl/bark to let them know they'd crossed the line... puppies running to all corners quicktime... lol!

Those that didn't get the rather obvious hint above ended up planted by the throat until they squealed... never a mark on them, but they certainly got the message by then... *grin*

T.

Zeddy was the enforcer around here with the fosters... she'd let them get away with only so much, then an air snap and growl/bark to let them know they'd crossed the line... puppies running to all corners quicktime... lol!

Those that didn't get the rather obvious hint above ended up planted by the throat until they squealed... never a mark on them, but they certainly got the message by then... *grin*

T.

yep - they def. need early lessons...Good ol' Zeddy .

I posted this elsewhere , and was roundly scolded for introducing pups to dogs in a way in which pups were set up to fail :( Nooo..NOT failing - LEARNING :) in the best way .

Wish Aunty would visit Roo who has no inhibitions at all. He thinks everyone loves him and takes no notice of being told off.

Haha! I think Aunty could be well used here too! My 7 month old Doberman is very spoilt by her older half brother, who allows her to behave like an absolute pork chop! I keep telling him to curl his lip, growl, do something!!!! He belongs to my son and daughter in law who have 2 children, so he's absolutely bomb proof, but my princess thinks she can dominate a big male dobe. So....We've just started with Jane Harper, we need to learn manners!

Sheridan, can I just add that you can make me laugh even on days when you are not having such a good time, with your two! They are so entertaining! If I was ever having a crap puppy day here you always made me feel better.

Pers, your pictures are always brilliant! One of my forum highlights.

Edited by JayGee

My pups have interactions with older pack members..... I have a dog who I refer to as the Auntie, great dog manners herself and passes them on pups beautifully including when she has her own. Love the photo sequence Pers just beautiful

Wish Aunty would visit Roo who has no inhibitions at all. He thinks everyone loves him and takes no notice of being told off.

Haha! I think Aunty could be well used here too! My 7 month old Doberman is very spoilt by her older half brother, who allows her to behave like an absolute pork chop! I keep telling him to curl his lip, growl, do something!!!! He belongs to my son and daughter in law who have 2 children, so he's absolutely bomb proof, but my princess thinks she can dominate a big male dobe. So....We've just started with Jane Harper, we need to learn manners!

Sheridan, can I just add that you can make me laugh even on days when you are not having such a good time, with your two! They are so entertaining! If I was ever having a crap puppy day here you always made me feel better.

Pers, your pictures are always brilliant! One of my forum highlights.

Awww, thanks! They're such ratbags. They're often frustrating but also so much fun!