Dog Peeing In Flat Mates Room

Lanny1

My 10 year old shih tzu just walks in to my flat mates room and just pees there. Has done this a number of times for no apparent reason. She doesn't do it anywhere else in the house at all. She holds on all night without an issue. But given the opportunity she'll just go in his room and pee.

Why and how can I stop her? Is it an anxiety issue?

Thanks

I had a Rotti who would take any opportunity to go into my flatmate's room and eat her shoes or soft toys... the dog did not like this particular flatmate for some reason. Solution was for said flatmate to keep her bedroom door closed...

T.

Probably anxiety or dominance issue. Does your flatmate like your dog, apart from the peeing part ?

Solution is very simple. He needs to make sure he always shuts his door & if the dog keeps peeing in there he shouldn't find this simple act too difficult. No other way.

Agree with the others and add that it would not hurt to ensure that any trigger odours are totally removed by cleaning the spots with an enzyme cleaner such as Nature's Miracle or Urine Off.

If you have access to a black light that detects invisible biological trigger stains then you can just use diluted white vinegar to clean until the black light shows that the stain has gone.