Which Class To Choose?

dotdashdot

My not so little girl Nala is re-entering the show ring next month hopefully, after a 9 month absence that involved her gaining a baby brother of the human kind. She's now 2, and has moved up and is able to enter intermediate now.

But then I got to thinking, she can also enter Aus bred, or open.

My first thought is to go to intermediate, I think it's the natural step up from junior. But not sure if there is a benefit to competing in a different class? It's a one day show, so no trying each class on each day.

Thanks for any thoughts :)

How much ring experience does she have prior to the 9 month break? It really doesn't matter but I'd probably suggest, at least for this show, entering her in Intermediate to see how she stacks up maturity wise both in body and mind.

Edited by Aziah

How much ring experience does she have prior to the 9 month break? It really doesn't matter but I'd probably suggest, at least for this show, entering her in Intermediate to see how she stacks up maturity wise both in body and mind.

Where do you show dotdashdot? If its in the Brisbane area I could possibly help you figure out what other dogs there is

Thanks for the replies all,

Aziah, she has moderate experience. She's nearly halfway to her title, i'd say we've entered around 20 shows? Haha mind wise she's immature...she's a dally!! :laugh:

Jsk, we're northern NSW, the show is Dorrigo.

Maybe, considering her mental immaturity and our combined re-entry into the ring (I won't be at my most confident, she will read that) I should go intermediate. Just suss it out, we have a bigger 3 day show in January that I can really focus on.