Raw Roo?

Is that true? I've tried googling and aside from reports on worms in shot roo, I'm beginning to suspect this is a folk tail spread about by various older men in my life. Where did this idea come from? I'm mostly curious.

That and the dog is a garbage guts so I don't expect her to get stuck on one meat. I vary it up every purchase anyway. Dry black hawk in morning and raw whatever at night, if you're wondering.

I know my Mum's very fussy cat will only eat raw roo as the only source of fresh meat & it has to be human grade too. My dogs get a bit of everything with their Black Hawk & the only thing I have seen them a bit reluctant to eat is raw chicken if I give it too them for too many days in a row...they always eat it though...never, ever do they leave anything on their plate :laugh:

it can be 'addictive' , more so with cats . Roo tails with meat still attached are a great food :)

Someone forgot to tell my dogs. Didn't like it at all.

Provided you feed variety, I can't see how a dog would get 'addicted'. It's not an ideal meat for dogs anyway - too lean.

it can be 'addictive' , more so with cats . Roo tails with meat still attached are a great food :)

Someone forgot to tell my dogs. Didn't like it at all.

Provided you feed variety, I can't see how a dog would get 'addicted'. It's not an ideal meat for dogs anyway - too lean.

:) Ours love it , and it is a preference ...

We feed raw - and the basic meat we use is kangaroo.... use it most of the time... with a variety of dogs from my own and sometimes with dogs in the Boarding Kennel....

Never had dogs that obsessed that they won't eat anything else.

Thanks guys, next time one of them says it, depending on their level of seriousness, I might just have to let them know I'm pretty sure it's an "old man's tail" and not of concern.

@showdog, I wasn't told specifically but overheard the staff saying it was from a gippsland farmer. I'm going to assume some of the raw roo trial where farmers are allowed to sell as pet food? Am appreciating it, $ has been a bit low this half of the year. I'll ask them for details when I go back, the store is a new discovery.

I just nod and smile. Seriously.

I have a friend who I consider very very knowledgeable in all things dog - even she told me the other day her dog cant have a certain kind of protein in case it makes the dog want to eat that kind of animal. :confused:

anyhow... just smile and nod. Do what's right for you and Thistle.

We have been feeding roo for years, it is their main protein source. They also happily eat lamb brisket, chicken frames, turkey wings etc. Never had a dog turn their nose up at other food LOL

Yeah, me neither! All my dogs (past and present) have had roo meat as their main protein source, but they'll eat just about anything. Hardly what you would call 'fussy eaters'...

ricey