Citronella Collars

Roz.NSW

has anyone tried citronella collars? And if so how did you find them? If you found them successful what brand do you recommend?

My puppy barks constantly and everything I've tried has no effect. Don't know what else to do.

Thanks in advance

I think our neighbours use some sort of anti bark collars and the poor dogs look sooooo sad when they cannot bark at us from the fence :cry: When the collars wear out, the dogs are back happily barking at us :rofl:

I think our neighbours use some sort of anti bark collars and the poor dogs look sooooo sad when they cannot bark at us from the fence :cry: When the collars wear out, the dogs are back happily barking at us :rofl:

Don't feel sad,your neighbours are doing something about it ,you may not care but if others put in noise complaints lets just say the options aren't fun or nice .

I use a citronella collar on one of my dogs who although not a problem barker did like to bark at dogs passing our house. He has also started barking during the night and as his kennel is underneath the neighbours bedroom window I wanted to stop this before it became a problem. He is now 13 and sometimes gets into the old dog bark routine.

I've found it quite successful, I fact even when the battery was flat and he had it on he did not bark. It is an Innotec Anti Bark Spray Collar and I bought it at Pet BArn. From memory it cost me about $80 but I think they were on special when I bought it.

Edited by Airedaler

I use a citronella collar on one of my dogs who although not a problem barker did like to bark at dogs passing our house. He has also started barking during the night and as his kennel is underneath the neighbours bedroom window I wanted to stop this before it became a problem. He is now 13 and sometimes gets into the old dog bark routine.

I've found it quite successful, I fact even when the battery was flat and he had it on he did not bark. It is an Innotec Anti Bark Spray Collar and I bought it at Pet BArn. From memory it cost me about $80 but I think they were on special when I bought it.

The OP's was identified as a PUPPY ... a lot different to an adult . Glad it worked for you :)

I think I would try modifying the environment and using training and stimulation games before going straight to an anti bark collar. Seems a bit extreme for a pup. I really don't think the dogs like it and it only seems to work while they are wearing it, so its not really training them anything...

I think I would try modifying the environment and using training and stimulation games before going straight to an anti bark collar. Seems a bit extreme for a pup. I really don't think the dogs like it and it only seems to work while they are wearing it, so its not really training them anything...

Agree :)