Best Dog Beds For Seniors

westiemum

Henry Hottie beds are fantastic, Australian made and owned too as an added bonus.

I have two of them and my dogs will choose their HH beds over all other beds/couches.

I so badly want one for Scottie. I might order one when I'm home next and take it back with me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I've just heard back about the Kazoo raised bed and it will be too big to fit the space in my laundry - its overall dimensions are 80cms and I need an absolute maximum of 70 cms - damn it! (And the Snooza mini at 46 x 43 cm mat size will be too small for the westies). So off to investigate Henry Hottie possibilities instead! Thanks everyone! thumbsup1.gif

Edited by westiemum

Henry Hottie beds are fantastic, Australian made and owned too as an added bonus.

I have two of them and my dogs will choose their HH beds over all other beds/couches.

I so badly want one for Scottie. I might order one when I'm home next and take it back with me.

SM I really want these beds too - I think they will be ideal for my oldies on the days I'm at work and they are in the laundry - cool in summer and warm in winter (maybe with some vet bed under them). Would be even better to be able to put them on a raised bed but I'm not having much luck on that score.

So I've just sent HH a note to see if they can do a custom-made size for me to fit in the laundry - will let you know how I get on.

post-11746-0-06448500-1448177093_thumb.jpg

Westie, that's the kind of bed my tibbie girls like.... same reason as Andy's. But they like the addition of a pillow on top as they love having their heads elevated as they sleep. Only variation is 16 yr old Nina Zena's habit of sleeping with her body up on the bed & her head down on the floor. Other tibbie owners have told me their dogs do that, too. I can't understand how it can be comfortable!

My girls with their short legs & long backs don't like trampoline beds.... but our shelties loved them.

I've always found them a great company to deal with the hardest decision has been picking covers, I don't do well when given multiple options :)

laugh.gif Neither am I! So I've sent them a note to see if they can do a custom size one that will fit in the spot in the laundry and still be big enough for Sarah (my bigger westie) - fingers and paws crosssed!crossfingers.gif

Edited by westiemum

post-11746-0-06448500-1448177093_thumb.jpg

Westie, that's the kind of bed my tibbie girls like.... same reason as Andy's. But they like the addition of a pillow on top as they love having their heads elevated as they sleep. Only variation is 16 yr old Nina Zena's habit of sleeping with her body up on the bed & her head down on the floor. Other tibbie owners have told me their dogs do that, too. I can't understand how it can be comfortable!

My girls with their short legs & long backs don't like trampoline beds.... but our shelties loved them.

Yep pretty much the same here too Mita - interestingly Mac seemed to be the only one who used the old trampoline bed on the back verandah - almost to the day he died. Sarebear just LOVES her creature comforts - lounges, cushions and pillows - so I've christened her the 'Pillow Princess' or the 'Cushion Queen'! Andy is a really different sleeper - he likes to start the night on my bed for an hour or so but then he likes to get into the round thin faux sheepskin doughnut type bed which is on vet bed on an old trampoline bed in my bedroom. And then some nights he simply prefers to sleep in an old arm chair near the door or simply on the floor - maybe a remnant of the puppy farm. He seems to prefer flat, harder surfaces and I can't understand how that can be comfortable either!

Yep embarrass.gif and I'm embarrassed to say I've ordered two HH beds for the laundry! laugh.gif One 'small' and one a little smaller custom sized to fit a certain spot in the laundry. Michelle at HH was great and I'm justifying it as a little retail therapy after Mac went to God last Friday (well thats my excuse anyway! laugh.gif). And I am going to throw out two of the putrid old ones!!! laugh.gif

Edited by westiemum

Yep embarrass.gif and I'm embarrassed to say I've ordered two HH beds for the laundry! laugh.gif One 'small' and one a little smaller custom sized to fit a certain spot in the laundry. Michelle at HH was great and I'm justifying it as a little retail therapy after Mac went to God last Friday (well thats my excuse anyway! laugh.gif). And I am going to throw out two of the putrid old ones!!! laugh.gif

Michelle is lovely- and super helpful- i groom her dogs so have known HH for years! :)

I have 4 of the beds. They are holding up soo well too.

Great - thanks denali - thats exactly what I want to hear. Yes I was super impressed with Michelle today - it was such a pleasure to be able to talk with someone who understood the vagaries of sizing to fit difficult laundries!

The truth is that my old laundry beds are a true embarrassment - but Mac loved them and he could get in and out of them as the sides had collapsed years ago - and his incontinence wasn't such a problem on such old beds. But it now its definitely tine for new beds for Sarah and Andy to have some new, good quality beds - particularly as they get older.

Edited by westiemum

• 2 weeks later...

Well the new HH beds for Sarah and Andy arrived today. They are a huge step up from the falling apart old ones. They are wonderfully made and the perfect size. The colour of the beds is a bit odd - more khaki than grey where the HH winter covers are true grey - but they fit perfectly under the laundry cupboard door so you don't have to keep moving them to open the cupboard. Let's just hope the guys like them!!

post-11746-0-35114000-1449132496_thumb.jpg

post-11746-0-40813500-1449132528_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum

And oh my goodness - the new Orvis beds for the lounge arrived today, early (they weren't due until Monday) - and for once in my life I am utterly speechless. They are just fantastic - better than I dared hope for and IMO they are worth every cent. I put Sarah in hers a minute after I unpacked it and she hasn't moved. They are absolutely superbly made and obviously super comfy for my oldies.

Roova thank you for posting - all is forgiven! thumbsup1.gif And Sarah and Andy love you forever! Its a really bright spot in the what has been a sad, up and down few weeks.

post-11746-0-28461000-1449215374_thumb.jpg

post-11746-0-19813800-1449215660_thumb.jpg

post-11746-0-20331700-1449215714_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum

Roova I don't 'like' them - I love them!! I'm gobsmacked!!

People these are seriously good beds - yes they are an investment but they are so well made and as Roov says they are so soft but sturdy as well!!! I bought them stuffed already but buying the covers and stuffing yourself is a really good option to get these good beds at a better price.

And she's still there...

post-11746-0-64349200-1449220114_thumb.jpg

Thanks tons SM and ness - and yes they are spoiled - but having taken a bit of a back seat for a long time now it is nice to spoil them a bit in memory of Maccles (well thats my story and I'm sticking to it!). These and the terrific HH beds for the laundry are the first really good beds I've ever bought - and I'm really really pleased with them! thumbsup1.gif

Thanks DOLers - I'd never have known about HH or Orvis without you!

Edited by westiemum