Are You Getting A New Puppy?

persephone

Please read and share :

PLEASE SHARE yes, I did ask the person who posted this story.

This is a true story, and is shared with the person's permission. names have been changed >

Hank is a Cavoodle, gorgeous one at that! Before I got Hank I lived on a farm full of animals my whole life whether it was cattle, sheep,bunnies, kangaroos etc. To moving into a town, were everyone was gutter to gutter, no backyard, nothing. Something I was not used too one bit! I was lost without my furbabies of every size as they were my therapy, one day, little did I know my Mum & Nan had organized little Hank as a surprise gift.He was bought from a backyard breeder and they spent $800 on purchasing him, thinking he would be my life partner in crime.

Little did Hank know this was the start of a very long fight for life.He was 8 weeks old when we picked him up and looked in perfect health. two months went by and still a happy healthy baby boy, who had all his shots and was due to be desexed, microchipped and then registered. The end of the second month owning Hank things started to change dramatically, I was woken up at 1am one morning with a god awful smell to find Hank had literally sprayed the laundry with watery poo and blood that absolutely stunk the house out. I rang the vet and was told to take him in straight away because it sounded like Parvo, in the end the vet told me to monitor him til morning.

First thing the next morning I whizzed Hank to the vets, they did god knows how many tests while i was standing there, to find he was extremely dehydrated (from pooping) and wasn't eating.My Mum got in contact with the person she bought him off and he said to keep in contact and that he would help with the Vet bills.They come back to tell me that he would have to stay a couple of days, this was the first time leaving him behind and I bawled my eyes out. A couple of days went past and Hank showed no improvement, he was still on an IV drip and I had to go in there everyday to hand feed him. Anyway they seem to find nothing wrong with him, I rang my mum and told her and she told me to go up there and we would seek a second opinion.Long story short, 3 weeks after being at the vets almost everyday running tests, Hank had to be syringe fed every meal, he had that much water weight every time he moved he moaned, he wasn't playful, he just wasn't himself.

We went to the vets on a Thursday to have an ultrasound done to try and find out what was wrong, unfortunately it came back with Hank was born with Right Side Congestive Heart Failure. Yes, you are probably thinking he was born with that? Yes, you are correct. But this also comes from backyard breeding.Hanks medication was going to cost upwards of $120+ a month for the rest of his life, I was willing to sacrifice what I could to keep my baby. 3 days after he was diagnosed, Hank went to sleep in my arms, his body was just exhausted from fighting. By the end of this battle Hanks total for vet bills come to $3000 not including his medication. When we contacted the "breeder" and told him what happened, we never got a reply. Money had nothing to do with this, I would have done anything, even if I had to sell a Kidney.Hank was only 5 months old when he died, he didn't even get to start his adventures.

. So, please all I ask is you think twice when buying a puppy from a backyard breeder. Thank you for reading Hank's story.

Edited by persephone

Oh how sad for that poor baby boy, how lucky he was to have a wonderful new owner who would have done anything to give him good health, he was so lucky for the three months that he lived with this amazing lady and to know what true love and caring was.

There has been a spate of people recently on here buying xbreeds, I have nothing against them have owned them myself when I was a kid and loved them almost to death :) :) but then in those days they were given away to good homes and usually from someone you knew, did not cost the ridiculous prices people are asking for "dezinerlabel" breeds with ridiculous made up names, a new one appeared in the Advertiser on the weekend, Matalier.

It would do these couple of people who have asked for help over the last week with their new puppies who are crossbreeds to read this story.

Thank you for posting.