A Few Questions Including Dog Traniners In Ballarat

swain

Hi!! Well it's getting closer to the time that we get our new addition. Haven't picked out a name yet as we would like to get to know him a little before committing to a name.

So I have a few questions:

Which is the best heart beat warming thingy to buy pup? Are they even necessary? Or is it good to have to help him adjust?

I will be setting up a pen outside for him while at work - I can come home at lunch time and only work 2.5 days a week. I am still a bit nervous about leaving him by himself or him escaping and annoying the older dogs. Would it be a bit excessive to get some kind of camera that I could use to monitor on my phone? If anyone has one can you suggest a reasonably priced brand? Or tell me if you think it was worth having?

Finally, any recommendations for trainers in Ballarat? Maybe even one that could help us to get him and my other dogs used to each other? Or just a good puppy school that you attended.

Thank you!! Here is a pic of our little boy we will be getting:

post-8362-0-43385100-1456797366_thumb.jpg

Which is the best heart beat warming thingy to buy pup? Are they even necessary?

My dog didn't get one. She got a cardboard box and some old tshirts (that smelled like me) and towels. Ie all things I would not be upset if she tore to shreds. The first cardboard box got torn to shreds. And most of my bath mats have holes in them now.

This might work but with all that fur - I don't think a dog like that needs a warmth pad.

https://www.ozpetshop.com.au/products/683/dog-beds-bedding/snugglesafe-microwave-pet-heat-pad.html

I sometimes leave the radio on for my dog but I don't think she cares one way or the other. She doesn't always choose to be in the same room with it any more.

...Which is the best heart beat warming thingy to buy pup? ....

...that's not what I think it is????...you don't want to setup a mushroom farm in his fur :D ???...hey, this is Australia, not Spitzbergen.... :laugh:

surveillance cameras are pretty cheap now, easy to setup and definitely would provide some peace of mind...check evil bay, e.g. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless-WiFi-IP-Network-Home-Security-Camera-Surveillance-System-Night-Vision-/401077213932?hash=item5d62109aec:g:0wEAAOSwx-9WzmL3

Which is the best heart beat warming thingy to buy pup? Are they even necessary?

My dog didn't get one. She got a cardboard box and some old tshirts (that smelled like me) and towels. Ie all things I would not be upset if she tore to shreds. The first cardboard box got torn to shreds. And most of my bath mats have holes in them now.

This might work but with all that fur - I don't think a dog like that needs a warmth pad.

https://www.ozpetshop.com.au/products/683/dog-beds-bedding/snugglesafe-microwave-pet-heat-pad.html

I sometimes leave the radio on for my dog but I don't think she cares one way or the other. She doesn't always choose to be in the same room with it any more.

Thanks Mrs Rust Bucket....good point about the fur :laugh: Radio and sruff with our smell is a great idea...can nest and if gets a bit chilly can snuggle in

Very exciting waiting for your cute little man. :D It would be worth checking out .. I notice they have a puppy pre school as well as puppy class. They would be happy for you to go and visit before puppy comes. Note they won't be there Labour Day weekend.

Very exciting waiting for your cute little man. :D It would be worth checking out .. I notice they have a puppy pre school as well as puppy class. They would be happy for you to go and visit before puppy comes. Note they won't be there Labour Day weekend.

Yep we are so excited. He arrives next wednesday morning. Will have to pick him up from the airport.

Thanks going to contact these guys now :)

how exciting :) Do puppies like him always have so much tear staining ?

I don't think so. Though when the breeder took that pic she apologized for him being so dirty. He's had his eyes checked and all good but might be worth looking into a bit more :)

how exciting :) Do puppies like him always have so much tear staining ?

I don't think so. Though when the breeder took that pic she apologized for him being so dirty. He's had his eyes checked and all good but might be worth looking into a bit more :)

yes. he's a perky little guy :)

...Which is the best heart beat warming thingy to buy pup? ....

...that's not what I think it is????...you don't want to setup a mushroom farm in his fur :D ???...hey, this is Australia, not Spitzbergen.... :laugh:

surveillance cameras are pretty cheap now, easy to setup and definitely would provide some peace of mind...check evil bay, e.g. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Wireless-WiFi-IP-Network-Home-Security-Camera-Surveillance-System-Night-Vision-/401077213932?hash=item5d62109aec:g:0wEAAOSwx-9WzmL3

Hahaha...yeah...think i'm getting a little too concerned with keeping him warm. Though we live in Ballarat which would be pretty close :rofl: You should have seen me with my skin baby and making sure she had enough to keep her warm during our winters!!!

Wow that's pretty cheap. Worth a go at that price. Thanks Willem!

Talk to the breeder about whether he needs a Snugglepup or not - and if she will send a blanket with him that has his littermates' scent. The breeder is the best one to discuss your plans with, he/she can start to habituate the puppy to suit your plans so it is not such a huge change.

I recommend All Paws Forward for private training in Ballarat - you can choose their classes or ask for one on one. Ballaraat Dog Obedience Club has an excellent puppy training class and puppy preschool.

Edited because my links disappeared! Edited lots of times but cannot get BDOC address to link - sorry, please google!

Edited by RuralPug

Talk to the breeder about whether he needs a Snugglepup or not - and if she will send a blanket with him that has his littermates' scent. The breeder is the best one to discuss your plans with, he/she can start to habituate the puppy to suit your plans so it is not such a huge change.

I recommend All Paws Forward for private training in Ballarat - you can choose their classes or ask for one on one. Ballaraat Dog Obedience Club has an excellent puppy training class and puppy preschool.

Edited because my links disappeared! Edited lots of times but cannot get BDOC address to link - sorry, please google!

Thank you RuralPug. I'll look into those trainers. Pup is arriving with his own blanket...probably don't need a snugglepup ????

Thank you RuralPug. I'll look into those trainers. Pup is arriving with his own blanket...probably don't need a snugglepup ????

Booked in with All Paws Forward on Thursday...trying a group class. Thanks for recommending them RuralPug :thumbsup:

Hi!! Well it's getting closer to the time that we get our new addition. Haven't picked out a name yet as we would like to get to know him a little before committing to a name.

Which is the best heart beat warming thingy to buy pup? Are they even necessary? Or is it good to have to help him adjust?

I will be setting up a pen outside for him while at work - I can come home at lunch time and only work 2.5 days a week. I am still a bit nervous about leaving him by himself or him escaping and annoying the older dogs. Would it be a bit excessive to get some kind of camera that I could use to monitor on my phone? If anyone has one can you suggest a reasonably priced brand? Or tell me if you think it was worth having?

Finally, any recommendations for trainers in Ballarat? Maybe even one that could help us to get him and my other dogs used to each other? Or just a good puppy school that you attended.

Haha I was so paranoid I've set up a camera system. Here is the absolute cheapest, if it is possible. Get a ye olde cheap webcam, link it up to your computer or laptop and point it at the puppy pen (you may new to move things around or get a really long usb cord. Or get a wireless webcam).

Make a skype account for yourself AND for the dog. Set the dog's skype account to always accept video calls from friends. Make your two accounts friends. Download skype on phone. Ta-dah! Cheap and free webcam viewing of your dog :D

More expensive, the dlink wireless baby monitors.

Haha I was so paranoid I've set up a camera system. Here is the absolute cheapest, if it is possible. Get a ye olde cheap webcam, link it up to your computer or laptop and point it at the puppy pen (you may new to move things around or get a really long usb cord. Or get a wireless webcam).

Make a skype account for yourself AND for the dog. Set the dog's skype account to always accept video calls from friends. Make your two accounts friends. Download skype on phone. Ta-dah! Cheap and free webcam viewing of your dog :D

More expensive, the dlink wireless baby monitors.

That is an awesome idea!!!!! Glad I'm not the only one a bit paranoid ???????? thank you!!!