Cheltenham Pet Market

Next Event:

July 31st (see post #8 for stalls)

161 Park Road, Cheltenham

Facebook Event

Googlemaps location

Dogs on leads at all time

This is a new event, that is on the first or last Saturday of the month.. Located in CERES park, Brunswick. Now located in 161 Park Rd, Cheltenham VIC 3192

(I am not a staff member, just an enthusiastic attendee)

It runs 10am-3pm, although some stalls start packing up earlier. There are often breed specfic meet ups!

It features different stalls that include dog treats, photographers, portrait artists, dog gear, adoption events, dog trainers etc - it will vary with each event. Dogs can get a massage. Sometimes free items or door prizes. There is also a plant nursery and a cafe a pond and lots of walking tracks with things for your dog to check out. I have not explored the new location yet.

All dogs are on lead.

I will only stick around to the main area and arrive late in the day when it is quiet so these are my experiences. But I have been pleasantly delighted by all the responsible owners.

I've been told by the people who run it that it was most busiest around 12-1. It is quiet after 3 and also quiet at the start around 10.

Overall I was impressed and relieved that it was a rather small market - although I hope for it to slowly grow. Everyone was approachable and understanding of my dog, there was a wide variety of dogs to admire.

So thought others might like to know about it. I'll be returning no doubt. Great for confidence building and impulse purchases of dog stuff ;)

*please note usual rules for a park apply. Dogs must be leashed, pick up after your dog and owners should evaluate on if they think their dog will behave as there's lots of people, lots of park goers, lots of prams, cyclists etc.

Edited by Thistle the dog

• 3 weeks later...
Next event: April 3rd and the upcoming stall holders

10am-4pm

CERES Park Brunswick

Facebook Event

Googlemaps location

Stall attendees:

At the next Pets Market there will be stallholders selling dog collars and bandanas, dog treats, a pet photographer, canine massage therapist, animal artwork, colourful dog kennels on display, and Forever Friends Animal Rescue will also be bringing in some rescue dogs who are available for adoption!

Stall holders include:

Cristal Cachia - Love Tails Photography

The Crafty Cavoodle*

*This is the brand name, so am reluctant to change this and create confusion for people who try to find the artist

Leah Lux Tame - Animal Artist

Sylvie Martin - Cross Paws Dog Trainer and Dog Behaviourist

And others including:

• Earth Healing Therapies - Lisa Morrison
  • Navyaz - VDog supplier
  • Luna's Cucina and Collars
  • Ka-Pooch Dog Daycare Brunswick
  • Shop Moo and Twig
  • Forever Friends Animal Rescue
  • Frosty's Puptisserie
  • Australian Greens Party

• 4 weeks later...
Next event: April 24th and the upcoming stall holders

10am-4pm

CERES Park Brunswick

Facebook Event

Googlemaps location

Special comments:

In the lead up to Mothers' Day, we also have Heart and Soul Luxury Hampers on board with their exclusive range of gorgeous ladies gift hampers. These hampers contain the best Australian-made, organic and ethically sourced skincare products that your Mum will love.

To commemorate Anzac Day, there will also be purple poppies and other collectables from the Australian War Animal Memorial available in remembrance of our fallen war dog heroes.

Stall holders include:

(There are a lot of stall holders this weekend! Please click on THIS LINK to see photo samples from each stall)

Brunswick Central Vet Clinic

Forever Friends Animal Rescue

Heart and Soul Luxury Hampers

Leah Lux Tame - Animal Artist

Sylvie Martin - Cross Paws Dog Trainer and Dog Behaviourist

Zaia1 Kennels

Bec Brown - Snapping Turtles Photography Studios

Earth Healing Therapies - Lisa Morrison

Shop Moo and Twig

Luna's Cucina and Collars

Australian Greens Party

Animal Justice Party

Lynn Fitzpatrick

AF Scented Candles

Jesklah Jewellery and knitted toys

Andy's Doggy Daycare

Bichon Frise Australia

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

damn! it clashes with the whippet fun day, otherwise I'd probably go, I've always wanted to visit CERES and this would be an extra incentive

Sorry Kirislin, I only saw your post now! That's a bugger :( The park is lovely and so is the market! Lots to see, do and sniff (dogs)

(and there's yours truly, but with the unfortunate side effect that I show up towards the end when it is quieter...)

Maybe one day the whippet fun day could come to the market? The bichon group are coming this weekend and the bernese mountain dog clubs descend on the market (the latter was an incredible site! some 10 VERY BIG dogs :laugh: )

Perhaps one day the whippets can have their days too :o

Next event: May 29th and the upcoming stall holders

10am-4pm

CERES Park Brunswick

Facebook Event

Googlemaps location

Special comments:

The May market will also be a joint fundraising effort, where we will run a doggy pupcake stall to raise funds for the Cancer Council, as part of Australia's Biggest Morning Tea.

In addition to the pupcake stall, there will also be a raffle, where all proceeds will be donated to the Cancer Council.

Stall holders include:

Please click on THIS LINK to see photo samples from each stall)

• Australia's Biggest Morning Tea - The Cancer Council
  • Doggy Tea Breaks Pupcake Stall and Raffle
  • Leah Lux Tame - Animal Artist
  • Sylvie Martin - Cross Paws Dog Trainer and Dog Behaviourist
  • AF Scented Candles
  • Animal Justice Party
  • Barkers Bakery
  • Honey Badger Artisan Drinks
  • Blossom Jewellery and Animal Cushions
  • Cheltenham Cat Rescue
  • Memory Keepsakes
  • Bichon Frise Australia

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Please note the market is now on saturday and in a new location. This is far from me so I am not likely to attend :( but hopefully those of you who live near there can now enjoy the market!

Next event: SATURDAY 6 August and the upcoming stall holders

10am-3pm

161 Park Rd, Cheltenham VIC 3192

Facebook Event

Googlemaps location

Special comments by organisers:

The Pets Market is back for the Melbourne winter with a European Christmas in August theme!

At our new venue at 161 Park Road, Cheltenham, doggies will have the chance to enjoy some delicious doggy egg nog, have a doggy Christmas photoshoot, and buy sweet dog treats to raise funds for RSPCA Cupcake Day!

You and your dog won't have to go to Europe to experience a winter Christmas, come to The Pets Market on Sat 6 August instead!

Doggies will have the chance to enjoy some delicious doggy egg nog, have a doggy Christmas photoshoot, and buy sweet dog treats to raise funds for RSPCA Cupcake Day!

Entry is free! Every one of our markets has something different to offer the dog lovers of Melbourne! Stallholders will be selling delicious xmas winter treats and handmade delights. Pamper your dog with a relaxing canine massage, and meet the hard working volunteers who rehome dogs in their spare time.

Pose for a winter Christmas photo with your pet, check out some animal-themed artwork and drawings, dress up your pet in some blingy leather collars, and pick up some handy dog training tips too.

Stall holders include:

Please click on THIS LINK to see photo samples from each stall)

• Christmas in August
  • Best Dressed Dog competition
  • RSPCA Cupcake Day
  • Leah Lux Tame - Animal Artist
  • Sylvie Martin - Cross Paws Dog Trainer and Dog Behaviourist
  • Barkers Bakery
  • Cheltenham Cat Rescue
  • Tin Can Town Inc
  • Stellian's Rolls
  • Pipsqueaks Photography