Puppy Culture Rotti Puppies - Photos & Vids Galore

Starkehre

• 2 weeks later...

Legend and Story won their Baby Puppy Dog and Baby Puppy Bitch classes last weekend at the SA specialty champ show :thumbsup:

Story then went on to take out Baby Puppy In Show.

The puppies were almost 14 weeks old and only just in their class, with most of the others being older puppies.

So Proud :D

post-27202-0-79996600-1466761599_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys so much :thanks:

And just when things are doing so great, sadly one of our puppies has been returned to us.

Gorgeous Yellow boy, Packer is now back here because of unfortunate circumstances.

He is such an amazing boy, so focused, well trained and affectionate. so easy to live with, just adore him... but 3 young puppies is just too much.

If anyone knows of someone looking for a beautiful male puppy, please let us know.

post-27202-0-57903900-1466859981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Starkehre

Thanks guys so much :thanks:

And just when things are doing so great, sadly one of our puppies has been returned to us.

Gorgeous Yellow boy, Packer is now back here because of unfortunate circumstances.

He is such an amazing boy, so focused, well trained and affectionate. so easy to live with, just adore him... but 3 young puppies is just too much.

If anyone knows of someone looking for a beautiful male puppy, please let us know.

Oh he's so gorgeous Starkehre! :love: I would dearly love to adopt a dog like him but my circumstances are not suitable for it at this point in time.

Edited by LabTested

Oh no! I am sure he will find a lovely owner soon to continue becoming an awesome dog. Perhaps Chris would know someone?

Thanks guys. The right home will come along, he is a wonderful dog. A have a few interested parties already. Being so fussy though has already made me say no to a couple. Even a proven, excellent show home, but he would have been a kennel dog and that wouldn't be fair on him, coming from a household environment.

I've already chatted to Chris, TTD, thanks for the suggestion. Alas we won't make it to club this morning... juggling 3 puppies and two adults, when we only have 2 outdoor areas is just a little too much to manage anything else but this full time :(

Packer would make a brilliant moderate to high end obedience home. His focus and work ethic is incredible, and yet also so calm and laid back to live with.

Guest crazydoglady99

Love those show videos! And Story trying to bite her best puppy ribbon hahaha

I am insanely jealous of the lucky person that adopts Packer. What a stunner!! I bet you'll have hoards of people lining up!

(Sobs quietly.. wish it was me..)

Do you notice any difference in him after being away for a while? Or did he just slot back in?

I would love to know what criteria you look for in potential puppy adopters? Will you have more puppies in future?

Love those show videos! And Story trying to bite her best puppy ribbon hahaha

I am insanely jealous of the lucky person that adopts Packer. What a stunner!! I bet you'll have hoards of people lining up!

(Sobs quietly.. wish it was me..)

Do you notice any difference in him after being away for a while? Or did he just slot back in?

I would love to know what criteria you look for in potential puppy adopters? Will you have more puppies in future?

LOL, yes Story is so cute and funny LOL

The only criteria I have in place is surrounding training and basic care and raising.

As far as what I look for in potential owners, I don't have an exact criteria. I take every and all inquiries on my puppies on a case by case basis. I almost look for "crazy dog people" like myself. Someone who wants more than just the average pet. I don't mind "pet only" homes but want someone who is crazy about their dog and raising it the best way they can, taking in interest in dog behaviour, responsible dog ownership, spending as much time as they can with their dog and including it their life a lot... most likely the way most DOLers are LOL

There are very few deal breakers as such, like owners working, children, owning own home etc, I am quite open to most scenarios, but it is more about the whole picture.

Yes, we are planning another litter late 2017/early 2018

Packer is very different in the sense that he is a far more mature puppy now. Even though it has only been 6 weeks, they mature so much in that time, that is I had not seen him regularly and spent time with him, it may have been challenging working out who he was regarding temperament. There is just so much more going on with them at this age. That said, he has the same amazing focus, recall, manners, intelligence and sensibilities, just all more developed.

Packer has slotted straight in and is doing amazingly well. He has a little whinge from time to time, but that is to be expected, his whole world has just been ripped out from underneath him, poor lad.

I would really love a working home for Packer (obedience, herding, tracking etc) since he has an incredible aptitude and attitude for work... however as mentioned will happily take every inquiry as seriously and openly as the next :)

Yes, we have had several inquiries so far, most of which I have refused. Some we are still reviewing. We email puppy questionnaires to our applicants and go from there.

Edited by Starkehre

Guest crazydoglady99

My guess is all that fantastic work you did for him (and the others) from birth has set him up to cope with the changes? What a sweetie - I hope you find a wonderful new home for him.

I think being fussy is good!! I'd make the WORST breeder because I'd be so damn fussy!

Do you allow your puppies to go interstate?

Sorry to hear you've had one come back - I've been down that path and he (Murphy) has ended up in one seriously amazing home where he has an opportunity to shine. I hope it works out similarly for you. And I feel your pain...I had 3 pups in the house for a few extra weeks and boy is it hard work!!!

My guess is all that fantastic work you did for him (and the others) from birth has set him up to cope with the changes? What a sweetie - I hope you find a wonderful new home for him.

I think being fussy is good!! I'd make the WORST breeder because I'd be so damn fussy!

Do you allow your puppies to go interstate?

I hear you AL. I am incredibly fussy and sadly now of course a but cynical and hyper vigilant LOL

I have no problem with a puppy going interstate. Again it depends more of the individual owner than geographics. This entire litter all went locally, but that was more coincidental than by design.