Perses' Pups

persephone

Nawww...sleepy girl... must have been a busy 2 weeks...

T.

She and the other 3 were happy just to go straight to their beds last night, that's for sure!!

the terrain over there was SO rough ..red, rocky , shale uplifts everywhere ... poor Dulcie seems to have bruised feet ..no pad damage or anything ..just a bit tender sore . I guess it feels a bit like the day after wearing maseur sandals for hours the first day!! ;)

I choose to think our dogs can still have a life when on their chains ...

Ash is busy chewing on /rolling on a discarded fish head he brought back from his walk earlier...

Pudden is rolling around on his bed with a ginormous very old bone , his plastic bottle , and an arm off one toy ...

Fred is lying in a cool mudspot under his tree- he has been busy working the past two days..rest day today .

Don has dug a hole in the cool sand , and is being annoyed by Mary goat , as SHE wants that spot , now that it's dug, and soft and cool ....

I choose to think our dogs can still have a life when on their chains ....

Doesn't sound like they are expiring from boredom, bless 'em. The thing with your gang is that they do have a fantastic life when off the chain. And that even when off duty and having kennel time, someone keeps an eye, knows that they are okay, cares.

I do bleed for some of the "working dogs" in our area. Most have terrific owners but some - well there's just not enough work for the dogs to be needed that often, and they don't have warm enough in winter or cool enough in summer kennels, it's sad to hear them crying with the cold some nights, they just have sad lives. One farmer up the road walks his kelpies a couple of kilometres on their non-working days, it's sort of unusual to see sheep-dogs on leads going along the road for walkies just as if it were the suburbs, and they love it.