Gold Cocker Spaniel Pups

RebJane

I have been trying to contact breeders and locate online someone that might have a litter or might be breeding in the near future a litter with a Gold Cocker Spaniel Pup. Hoping someone might be able to help point me in the right direction. I have a loving family that is ready to give the little pup all the love and care it deserves :)

We aren't to know you have checked out the breeders' pages - there was nothing mentioned in your first post ;)

Sometimes it's a waiting game .

I presume then that you have contacted these folks?

Work out the temperament you want , the health , and the body shape/size ..THEN go for colour ;)

look around and find dogs you like the behaviour/look of - then see if their breeders have pups coming up, maybe?

Also, many folks buy pups from interstate ...if the breeder is one who produces terrific , sound and well-bred gold puppies , why not consider flying one over ?

Edited by persephone

I'm not familiar with the breed, but with any dog really, if you are 100% set on a specific colour you might be after a bit of a wait. Did you check out the breeders pages as well rather than just the current puppy listings?

Might want to check them out and make contact with some breeders you like the sounds of. They may have plans for litters in the not to distant future.

As Perse said too, you might want to look interstate.

Well bred pups from awesome breeders are often in short supply - when I want a pup I first look for a couple of breeders that I like...check out their lines, find out how they raise their pups and what they expect of me. Then I get in touch, have some good chats, visit their dogs and put myself on a waiting list for the next litter. I've bought pups interstate and locally and also breed myself. Sometimes it's a quick turnaround, sometimes it takes a while but find a breeder that matches your expectations. They are also going to know which good breeders have pups on the ground. It's a very small world :) I'd like to breed my ESS again but finding the right homes isn't easy so I'm hesitant to do so until I have a few people interested.

Like the others, I do a lot of research into breeders, lines, temperament, structure, and then once I have found one I really like I make contact and put myself on the waiting list.

TSD, I would be tempted to get one of your pups at some stage! They look like fun :)

Like the others, I do a lot of research into breeders, lines, temperament, structure, and then once I have found one I really like I make contact and put myself on the waiting list.

TSD, I would be tempted to get one of your pups at some stage! They look like fun :)

Oh they ARE so much fun Kavik! Would be a different experience for you after your herding breeds but I reckon you'd love them. At one they are all starting to really shine with the foundation training that has been invested in them.

Yes, good advice has been given- you may need to wait a little bit- but it will be worth it :)

Well bred pups from awesome breeders are often in short supply - when I want a pup I first look for a couple of breeders that I like...check out their lines, find out how they raise their pups and what they expect of me. Then I get in touch, have some good chats, visit their dogs and put myself on a waiting list for the next litter. I've bought pups interstate and locally and also breed myself. Sometimes it's a quick turnaround, sometimes it takes a while but find a breeder that matches your expectations. They are also going to know which good breeders have pups on the ground. It's a very small world :) I'd like to breed my ESS again but finding the right homes isn't easy so I'm hesitant to do so until I have a few people interested.

There's always me :D

Yes, great advice everyone. I agree, when we were looking at buying two pugs 15 years ago, we looked around for the right breeder and got two amazing boys. I don't mind the waiting, but just cant find a breeder to even start the process of looking, chatting, etc that breeds them. I thought Gold Cocker Spaniels were fairly common lol. I have emailed many local breeders to see if they know of anyone, hopefully Ill have some luck :)

Edited by RebJane

Yes, good advice has been given- you may need to wait a little bit- but it will be worth it :)

Sucker for punishment are you :laugh: They are truly wonderful but not for the faint of heart. One of the boys may be coming to stay with us for several weeks (oh my goodness I'm so excited I love this dog!) as his owner has realised he'll run rings around the house sitter :rofl:

Good luck in your search RebJane - go to some shows (assuming you are not looking for a working Cocker) if you can but certainly put some feelers out to interstate breeders. Some breeds are more common in different states.

When you want a colour only then you need to contact breeders & then work from there .We get people in our breed that want colour only & that is fine but they may have to wait longer & then obviously hope there is a pup for them that is right for that family .If the colour is right but the pup is the wrong match we won't sell it .

Phone breeders up & then go on a waiting list as often pups are sold before there born

Sucker for punishment are you :laugh: They are truly wonderful but not for the faint of heart. One of the boys may be coming to stay with us for several weeks (oh my goodness I'm so excited I love this dog!) as his owner has realised he'll run rings around the house sitter :rofl:

Good luck in your search RebJane - go to some shows (assuming you are not looking for a working Cocker) if you can but certainly put some feelers out to interstate breeders. Some breeds are more common in different states.

I am very much so TSD :laugh: i have been stalking :D

I did consider emailing you a little while back, but honestly i can't really have another dog for a few years yet, and i was jumping the gun a bit! So restrained myself :laugh:

Sorry for the derail OP.

Edited by denali

I am very much so TSD :laugh: i have been stalking :D

I did consider emailing you a little while back, but honestly i can't really have another dog for a few years yet, and i was jumping the gun a bit! So restrained myself :laugh:

Sorry for the derail OP.

Well - when you're ready :)