When Will I Ever Learn?

Kirislin

Much as I hate to admit it, I must be really dumb! It's freezing here today and I had to go out for a couple of hours. I foolishly left the whippets with access to the kitchen because they were all snuggled in a bed looking so warm and comfy I didn't have the heart to kick them out of there. I should know better as Puck spilt that olive oil on the carpet a while back and now I have a concrete floor with a big oil stain on it. This time I made sure there was nothing edible within reach on the kitchen counter. Silly silly me. I didn't count on one, or both of the boys actually jumping up onto the bench. They're not young anymore and they've never done it to my knowledge, usually they only steal what they can grab by standing on their hind legs.

So today I came home to my kettle on the floor, it now has a big dent in it, some borrowed kitchen scales on the floor which thankfully are still working, a box of camomile tea bags shredded all over the floor, some ground egg shell powder all over the floor, 3 banana skins, the remains of a lovely ripe avocado, they got the lid off the big glass pasta jar and some one pigged out on as much uncooked pasta as he could stomach, at a guess about a 3rd of a bag. I suppose I can consider myself and them lucky they didn't get into my medications. :shrug:

That's it! Never again! ......................... 'till the next time.

I'm sorry but lol I am so glad my lot don't get up to so much mischief.

One of the mums at school has a daschund and she is constantly posting pics of the naughty stuff he does, he has pulled half her pantry apart, jumped on chairs to get onto the counter and stolen anything on there, rips up cushions etc. he is the naughtiest little dog but so cute.

Guest crazydoglady99

OMG K!!!! Naughty naughty boys.

What do you reckon they are thinking while they are having such fun??

Oh no!

We have been very lucky in that we can leave biscuits on the coffee table, and the dogs NEVER touch them, until Saturday night.

I was in the loo and could hear a scuffling in the lounge room. I had just got some chicken fillets out of the freezer to defrost and imagined a feast being had!

When I emerged from the bathroom, Whitney was on her bed chewing a pack of biscuits. She had taken them off the coffee table and chewed the individually wrapped pack until she got into it.

She (nor Harry) has never done this, so I was shocked and didn't know whether to tell her off or laugh! I took the biccies off her (much to her disgust) and told her I was a very disappointed Mum!!

At least it was mild compared to your babies!

Ouch - someone will have a belly ache tonight

:vomit:

I'm sorry but lol I am so glad my lot don't get up to so much mischief.One of the mums at school has a daschund and she is constantly posting pics of the naughty stuff he does, he has pulled half her pantry apart, jumped on chairs to get onto the counter and stolen anything on there, rips up cushions etc. he is the naughtiest little dog but so cute.

My mums doxie is a terror. As a younger dog she'd climb the couch, jump to the partition (hip height), walk along it then jump to the breakfast bar to steal anything up there for her and the cat. I don't think they ever realised it would be easier for the cat to jump straight up. She was so bad they got rid of the partition when they renovated. She's finally slowing down ...a bit... now she's 12 ...

Dozer has recently figured out that if he really really stretches he can lick food that's been left in the middle of the kitchen bench, which was previously out of reach.

I went back into the kitchen after dinner one night and he'd eaten all the mac and cheese any most of the creamed spinach off one of the plates for the housemate and his girlfriend.