My Little Cheetah (Aka Jeune)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we are still in the dark :( :( . Yet again, the needle was unable to get cells that indicated anything with any certainty.

They could not determine whether the cells they did manage to obtain were from surrounding tissue or the lump. They are certain it is a cancer of some description but not sure if it is benign or malignant.

Going on the ultrasounds, needle aspirates and blood tests, we are dealing with two things here: suspected early stage Cushings and the lump.

The suggestions were:

1. Do nothing but monitor

2. Get a sample of the lump surgically

3. Operate to remove the lump

As the vet is worried about the lump and that it might just suddenly start growing, I am going with Point 1 and in another few weeks, do another examination of the rectum to see if there is any change. When they first discovered the lump the vet was able to just feel it by inserting her finger in the rectum, so that it what we’ll do in another few weeks and they should be able to tell by feel if it is changing.

Jeune is around 15 years of age and I am not going to put her through either points 2 or 3. The vet has told me that the lump is in a very difficult position. He gave me all the details last Friday. Apparently there are four layers to the small bowel: Mucosa, Sub Mucosa, Muscularis, and Serosa layers. (I had to google to find the names of the last two so remembered when I did that.) The lump is between the muscularis and serosa layers and, consequently very hard to get to.

Since I rushed her off on Wednesday when she had pain relief and subcutaneous fluids, you wouldn’t know there was anything wrong with her: she is eating, not drinking too much, walking and pooing all normally.

So just steady as she goes from now on.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

Ain't nothin like a good poo !!!

how true DDD, each time they poo it is like the first time EVER and a highlight for their own personal doggy celebration :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:

Inconclusive is good IMHO... means they didn't get any really nasty cells in the aspirate...

Ever hopeful that what's happening there will clear up on it's own, and that Jeune will be just fine.

T.

That is how I feel, T.