Rival To Petrescue

Nope, no idea of what the name even is. You would think, given how important (and difficult) it is to get traffic to a website and get a name out there, that they'd be making something public. I know Dol isn't the be-all and end-all of rescue but I've heard nothing about it on any of the bigger rescue FB groups, either. PetRescue didn't get to where they are by doing anything quietly- we might not agree with the direction PR is going these days but if there was one thing they did well, it was getting the PR name out there.

Oooh, so you didn't register? :o I'm so sorry, I put the link somewhere in one of my posts but didn't realise it's not in this thread.

http://rescuedpets.com.au/

Nope, had never heard of the site. I had a look at the group I assume is behind it (what's doing with the soviet/communist theme anyway, it's.. not cute) and actual information seems pretty scant.

Edited by Maddy

Nope, no idea of what the name even is. You would think, given how important (and difficult) it is to get traffic to a website and get a name out there, that they'd be making something public. I know Dol isn't the be-all and end-all of rescue but I've heard nothing about it on any of the bigger rescue FB groups, either. PetRescue didn't get to where they are by doing anything quietly- we might not agree with the direction PR is going these days but if there was one thing they did well, it was getting the PR name out there.

Oooh, so you didn't register? :o I'm so sorry, I put the link somewhere in one of my posts but didn't realise it's not in this thread.

http://rescuedpets.com.au/

Nope, had never heard of the site. I had a look at the group I assume is behind it (what's doing with the soviet/communist theme anyway, it's.. not cute) and actual information seems pretty scant.

Yeh I did a lot of stickybeaking too. Looks like a rescue (Derek at MKC used to be 'Cat Rescue' years ago so he isn't a newbie) and a company who I assume is able to build the site or fund it or something. :)

I'm just going to see how it goes. Quite a few have tried to set up an alternative/extra option to PR but have faded away. So if this works and isn't weird I'll give it a go.

Given the reach PR has now, I can't see a new site working without huge amounts of effort and advertising but it'll be interesting to see how it goes, anyway.

I also agree, if it can get happening I think some competition could be healthy and a good thing.

Edited by LabTested

Given the reach PR has now, I can't see a new site working without huge amounts of effort and advertising but it'll be interesting to see how it goes, anyway.

I also agree, if it can get happening I think some competition could be healthy and a good thing.

PR could definitely use some competition. They have a huge chunk of the market and they know it. And that seems to have led to some very questionable new "features" that rescues can't opt out of if they want to use the service.

Having said that.. this new site seems to want quite a bit of information from rescuers, while not seeming particularly transparent themselves, and that sort of approach, before they've even launched, concerns me. I left my information mostly blank because call me cynical or whatever but I'm not all that keen on providing personal contact details to a site with no track record.