Greyhound Racing To Be Shut Down

Flashsmum

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About freakin time!

This industry cannot be trusted, they cannot or will not abide by the live baiting ban for one. The culture is too big.

Yes dogs will die initially, but those dogs would what make another couple of years anyway if they were faSt enough, non of them would live long lives anyway, and at least the cycle will be broken.

The rest of the states need to follow to stop dogs being shipped around and the practice to continue.

So many ramifications will follow because of this decision. Some good but a lot of bad ones too.

Still the AR groups will be happy that there is another nail in the coffin. Watch out for more pressure on dog ownership.

About freakin time!

This industry cannot be trusted, they cannot or will not abide by the live baiting ban for one. The culture is too big.

Yes dogs will die initially, but those dogs would what make another couple of years anyway if they were faSt enough, non of them would live long lives anyway, and at least the cycle will be broken.

The rest of the states need to follow to stop dogs being shipped around and the practice to continue.

Couldn't agree more juice. Sadly I think there will be more dog deaths before it stops - but that too is sadly inevitable. IF these people were genuinely good they would be re-homing instead of euthanising.

ABC 24 is reporting trainers who are already saying they are going to put their dogs down - as far as I'm concerned it just proves the government's point and that despite the pain the industry is going to go through there really is no other option.

Interesting interview in more detail just then on ABC 24. The NSW government spokesman encouraged everybody to read the report and then decide if there was any other option - its apparently horrific. Apparently they examined every possible angle to manage this industry - but economically, a clean up of the industry apart from being unsuccessful was going to contract the industry to such a degree it would be unviable anyway.

I feel for any innocent trainers in the industry. But the absence of whistleblowers suggests to me there were a lot of supposedly 'innocent' people who were complicit in this as well as the horror stories.

'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing'. Edmund Burke

Edited by westiemum

:( lots of dead dogs .......

Oh no! So let’s not do anything.

Anyone with half a brain will know that hundreds (if not thousands) of people involved in this cruel abominable activity (I will NOT call it sport) will be racing out with their guns ablazing. It is such a sickening thought and it is to be hoped that some will be able to pull themselves up and try to do the decent thing by their dogs.

However, it is no reason not to act. Immediate ramifications are what stops many necessary actions all across society. Time for people to have a few more guts and follow this example.

I heard part of a news story on this. They said despite the horror of thousands of dogs being put down because of this ruling (Im sure I heard 6,000), apparently its only scratching the surface of how many young healthy dogs lose their life every year, year after year, because they don't make their owner money.

This needs to happen in every state and breeders monitored , i d hate to see it go underground out in the sticks, like dog fighting.

I also think its sad that the hobby owner got squeezed out, my neighbour had 3 greys, two retired old chooks that he kept till they died at a ripe old age, and one in training. He said he couldn't compete with the big trainers, and he told me years ago about the live baiting at tracks before a race. :(

Couldn't agree more juice. Sadly I think there will be more dog deaths before it stops - but that too is sadly inevitable. IF these people were genuinely good they would be re-homing instead of euthanising.

ABC 24 is reporting trainers who are already saying they are going to put their dogs down - as far as I'm concerned it just proves the government's point and that despite the pain the industry is going to go through there really is no other option.

I'd put my dogs down too before handing them over to places like the RSPCA.

Absolutely

Absolutely

Well being so ready to put your dogs down is the easy way out, no responsibility taken to find a solution. If the dogs' lives are so cheap then that just confirms the rightness of the decision. Disgusting attitude :o

Edited by Lady Flying Furball

Absolutely

Well being so ready to put your dogs down is the easy way out, no responsibility taken to find a solution. If the dogs' lives are so cheap then that just confirms the rightness of the decision. Disgusting attitude :o

Dead is not suffering.