Peeing In The Same Spot

samoyedman

When my dog was on anti-biotics a few months back he was peeing like a fountain and had an accident or two on a hall runner inside my house. I soaked and scrubbed it with boiling water. Recently, he has peed again on the same spot twice so there must be some scent still there.

Today I chucked away the peed-on hall runner, mopped the floor with disinfectant and laid down a brand new identical hall runner. So the scent should be gone.

Is there anything else I can do that will ensure he doesn't pee there again or is there a chance he will identify the area as an okay-to-pee zone?

Bloody dog. :mad

You need the right tool for the job ;) Buy a specific product for the removal of urine ! Urine-off is one brand - there are lots more .Pawfect puts one out that I know of :) The trick is to use something which will destroy the urine- not just rinse it , or wash it further into the fabric/wood .

So many 'disinfectants' contain ammonia - which- guess what ? Smells a bit like urine ;)

most disinfectant smells a bit like dog pee.

After cleaning it up as best you can with paper towel and warm soapy water (or cold if it's blood), you gotta use bicarb, vinegar and finish with a lavender spray (0.25 teaspoon in 500ml water).

Or look for my thread on vomit on the persian carpet.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/267033-dog-vomit-on-the-cotton-maybe-persian-carpets/page__view__findpost__p__6831097__fromsearch__1

Note if you want to stop the sniffing that goes before marking over something... putting a couple of drops of eucalpytus oil in 200 mil misting bottle helps. But you have to reapply daily.

you can also buy a UV light to make sure you got all the pee. It glows under UV in the dark.

Go buy an enzyme cleaner. 'Urine off','natures miracle' something like that. They'll be in your local pet store.

For future reference don't use disinfectant over urine, vinegar does work though. But now that it's been there for a while I think you'll have to go for the enzyme cleaners for sure.

Dog urine spreads out from the initial spot. I can't remember by how much. 2 or 3 times the circumference? So you need to spray beyond what is immediately noticeable. You might also want a UV light.

Damn you autocorrect.

Edited by Papillon Kisses