Nsw Pet Registry Now Online

~Anne~

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone checked out the new online pet registry?

Yes I went in had a look and sent out word last week to our members to let them know. I registered but seems there is some issues with registering so cant get in.

Hmm, Does that mean if I get a dog scanned at the vets and get them to give me the microchip number I could then go home and change those details (whatever was there in the first place) to mine?

--Lhok

Thistle my recommendation to anyone outside NSW who owns a dog with a NSW chip is to transfer the details of that chip to one of the national registries. Central Animal Records is my favourite, they are very responsive and won't change chip details without trying to contact former owners. There are also Australian Animal Registry (not too bad) and National Pet Register (wouldn't recommend them).

Of course, what we all want is a single national registry...

I believe she's national pet register. I didn't get to choose which she was registered to :X why do you recommend against?

I would have preferred CAH myself, all other are pets on it. I like that you can edit all in one go...

*phone didn't even attempt to autocorrect???

Edited by Thistle the dog

Hmm, Does that mean if I get a dog scanned at the vets and get them to give me the microchip number I could then go home and change those details (whatever was there in the first place) to mine?

--Lhok

No. There are auto security checks when you create your profile ie you have to provide drivers licence details which are checked against the system.

It does mean, however, that you can update your contact details yourself. A big plus for pet owners when they move.

Edited by ~Anne~

--Lhok

No. There are auto security checks when you create your profile ie you have to provide drivers licence details which are checked against the system.

It does mean, however, that you can update your contact details yourself. A big plus for pet owners when they move.

Awesome thanks for that :)

--Lhok

Offical launch will be at the Pet Lovers Dog Show, Kat. It's at the Hordern Pavillion on Sat-Sun 6-7 August. I notice there are a few rescues with stands there too. Not many breeders, but a few. Would have loved to have seen more on the list.

Yes I went in had a look and sent out word last week to our members to let them know. I registered but seems there is some issues with registering so cant get in.

I'd try again now. You should be ok getting in.

I had Malcolm added to CAR as well as NSW, since NSW refuse to share their data.

This stinks really. If you're travelling interstate with your NSW dog and there is an accident and he gets lost, his chip won't read. If you move interstate, ditto.

QLD has a state run registry too (Homesafe ID) but they do share their data nationally.

NSW own site recommends registering a NSW chip on one of the national registries if you live near their border! Link didn't work sorry, it is www.olg.nsw.gov.au/content/should-you-list-your-dog-or-cat-privately-operated-national-microchip-database

Edited by RuralPug

I'd try again now. You should be ok getting in.

Yes now Im registered but every microchip I put in wasn't on their data base - maybe they havent gotten to that bit yet

I have two dogs in a new home that travel between NSW and Qld. What's the most reliable (national?) database for this pair?

99% of our dogs are NSW/ACT, maybe I should put everyone on a national database as well?

Offical launch will be at the Pet Lovers Dog Show, Kat. It's at the Hordern Pavillion on Sat-Sun 6-7 August. I notice there are a few rescues with stands there too. Not many breeders, but a few. Would have loved to have seen more on the list.

Oh :( that's about the only time I get to see pedigree dogs up close! ...... Except the easter show but it's rude to harass the poor tired looking people who have been there all day so I stay at a distance. embarrass.gif