Nosework: Great For Dogs!

Scottsmum

I'm super proud of Em's first-born!

Jo and Murphy (Thornfield Embargo) made the big road trip to Sydney for only the 2nd ever Australian Canine Scent Work trial this weekend. Jo and Murphy competed in Nose Work 1, which is comprised of four elements: container search, interior building search, exterior area search and vehicle search. They not only placed 3rd in the container search but also 2nd in the exterior area search and THIRD PLACE OVERALL! What an amazing effort! So proud of you two and will be raising our glasses to you tonight at The House of Thornfield. Thank you Jo for channeling the Spaniel intensity of the first-born into something constructive!

post-16781-0-87164000-1475402839_thumb.jpeg

Jo and Murphy (Thornfield Embargo) made the big road trip to Sydney for only the 2nd ever Australian Canine Scent Work trial this weekend. Jo and Murphy competed in Nose Work 1, which is comprised of four elements: container search, interior building search, exterior area search and vehicle search. They not only placed 3rd in the container search but also 2nd in the exterior area search and THIRD PLACE OVERALL! What an amazing effort! So proud of you two and will be raising our glasses to you tonight at The House of Thornfield. Thank you Jo for channeling the Spaniel intensity of the first-born into something constructive!

Huge well done. Two of my mates participated and didn't get all 4 elements :(

Next time! There's always a next time :thumbsup:

Oh yes - they were both very gracious (owners that is) and I know that one of doggies still got his post NW celebration treat (a maccas soft serve :rofl::eek: ) I just know how heartbreaking it can be for the owners :)

Next time! There's always a next time :thumbsup:

Em had a chicken wing and half a tin of salmon for her 2 one-fault agility runs today! And Zig had the other half even though he didn't even run :laugh: (his ring was too wet underfoot for my liking so I scratched him and the rest of the trial was cancelled due to high winds :eek: )

Playing with your dog is the best!

Playing with your dog is the best!

It sure is! Well done to you and Em, and hopefully the conditions will be better suited next time so Zig can run!

It is our last Intermediate class tomorrow! We will be doing another vehicle search. Unfortunately we have to wait until the next round for Intro to Scent as I was silly and didn't book it in quickly enough. :o

We will continue at home though and I have

coming soon so that's exciting. He formerly would have been terrified of such a toy and lacked the confidence to give it a go, so I'm excited to see him work it out. I'll still make it easier to start with, but Nosework has really built up his confidence to try new things. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Troy unlocked this topic