Witness Sought - Sydney, Darling Island, Pirrama Park

Aleksey

Actually I like the dogs and parks, especially near the sea. For example, the main charm of Adelaide for me was not only the long beaches and sunsets but also the dogs walking there and playing in the water.

Pirrama Park in Sydney also is the special place, there is good sea air, feeling of isolation and calm. And the dogs.

This post is the last ditch attempt to find a witness who was in Pirrama Park on July 23 2015 about 14:00. The hearing is scheduled for September 13 in FCC, family law. On previous hearing the judge continued to ask me "where is your witness?" as my position is largely based on what happened in the park.

I do not have much hope and personally I would prefer to speak about the dogs. :-)

Anyway I feel obliged to make this try. Besides other people there was at least one Asian woman looking at us, she was wearing long dark coat, she was with a dog. Actually I did not see the dog, only the leash. I came there next day at the same time and there was again Asian woman with black and white Cocker Spaniel ( or perhaps dark brown and white? ). She looked like frequent in the park and she had a conversation with blonde woman there, like they were acquaintances. I even cannot be sure that it is her dog, she could simply walk with somebody else dog. I did not speak to her that day and then she disappeared, I did not see her there anymore. Or perhaps she was there but without the dog so I could not recognize her. :-)

I think I could pay big award for finding anybody who was there at that time and have seen something strange. The main idea is that a woman behaved strange and dangerous way toward the small boy.

It was so strange that nobody actually believes me so I am in difficult situation in many aspects. For example I did not see that boy for a year and that hearing can decide whether I will see him again or not.

Edited by Aleksey

What is the person supposed to have witnessed? That info might help.

Woman imitated that she tries to kill the small boy and while doing so she put his life in real danger, then attacked him another way, etc.

Woman imitated that she tries to kill the small boy and while doing so she put his life in real danger, then attacked him another way, etc.

So a dog wasn't involved? You are just hoping to find dog walkers that might have seen what happened?

So a dog wasn't involved? You are just hoping to find dog walkers that might have seen what happened?

Yes. Dogs are involved only partly because that place is some kind of dog walkers club, most people who come there regularly are dog walkers.

The 23rd was a Saturday so there may be more people on one off visits but dog walkers tend to be regulars...

I would be showing up at about the same time on Saturday or even a week day and just asking around whomever is there, whether you recognise them or not. Maybe get a friend to go on your behalf and be able to hand out contact details.

I swear I thought this was about piranha fish. Or a dog that behaved like a piranha.

I would also try the next park over. Ie I walk at this park and that park and the other park and most of them are quite close to home.

If I had a really bad experience at one park - I probably would avoid it for a long time or only go with other people.

The 23rd was a Saturday so there may be more people on one off visits but dog walkers tend to be regulars...

I would be showing up at about the same time on Saturday or even a week day and just asking around whomever is there, whether you recognise them or not. Maybe get a friend to go on your behalf and be able to hand out contact details.

I swear I thought this was about piranha fish. Or a dog that behaved like a piranha.

I would also try the next park over. Ie I walk at this park and that park and the other park and most of them are quite close to home.

If I had a really bad experience at one park - I probably would avoid it for a long time or only go with other people.

In 2015 it was Thursday. I was there several times later. I am afraid of asking questions. I asked only once about black and white Cocker Spaniel and the man with a dog thought for a second then answered 'No'. I think nobody of dog walkers would cooperate being asked like this in the street because they would think that the dog did something wrong. So if they share information then their own rights are in danger.

I was there several times. I noticed only dark brown Cocker Spaniel with aged blonde woman, they departed towards the lift. There is lift from the park level to the level of the streets above the park. So there is also a park above the park with a view to the CBD, bridge, etc. Quiet and secluded green place.

In 2015 it was Thursday.

Sorry I didn't realise it was so long ago - anything could have happened since then.

If you don't tell the dog walkers when you ask that you're interested in witnesses about an incident between humans - nothing to do with dogs - then I don't see how they wouldn't assume the worst and make assumptions. Also if you're not confident about approaching people to ask for help - you need to get someone to go with you who is.

I'd have a hard time remembering who was at the park in 2015 or even if it was a Thursday I was there just after lunchtime. The people who show up on weekdays after lunch - are definitely not people working full time day jobs. Could be shift workers, unemployed or tourists or something else. And if they have no set hours - they could show up at any time they like.

Signs in the park or a notice in the newspaper may have helped closer to the original date. Especially if people in the park were visitors.

Can you laminate a simple sign for the park now (short and sweet to get attention)? If someone else witnessed a child in danger I would hope they too would have come forward on the day like you have so well done. Good luck.

Edited by Roova

I'm not sure exactly what this thread is about but it's scary enough to read how little you can say. :(

You don't have much time unfortunately otherwise I'd suggest to join or start a little social dog walkers group? Safety in numbers and local info. ;)

Oops, just realised I know the park areas you're talking about. It would help if you changed the title to 'Witness sought- Darling Island Sydney Pirrama Park' .

Unfortunately their yearly markets have been and gone. I can't find any more planned events you could mingle in.

Edited by Powerlegs

I was there in the morning, good weather, runners and dog walkers.

Funny to see that mostly women run in the morning of business day. Are they all housewives?

I laminated some signs there and changed the topic name as advised. :-)