Dog Names - List?

*kirty*

I feel like I have used every name I love with my animals and have no more in reserve lol. I had been wanting to use the name Bindi forever and now I have her. :) Thinking maybe we could start a list of awesome dog names? Copy the list, add your own suggestions (in alphabetical order) and post.

Bindi

Maeve

Mara

Milly

Zoe

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like my dogs names but then I would, I chose them. I thought they were fairly unique so I was a bit miffed when I heard of another whippet called Feather and convinced myself they copied off me 'cause my Feather is older :laugh:

I've been surprised to hear of 2 other dogs (at least) called Puck.

Feather

Puck

Secret

are ones I particularly like.

Tag is a bit different, he was named after the friend who saved his life as an 8 day old puppy, it's her initials. I probably wont meet another Tag

Then of course Kibah, now deceased. I named her after a horse in the Barcelona Olympics, Kibah Tic Toc. I liked the name and remembered it, and years later christened my little blue whippet Kibah. I've since heard of other dogs called Kibah but spelt Keeba and Kiba. I like mine the best. :D

Edited by Kirislin

I love my westies names too - Mac and Sarah were already named when I got them so they 'stayed'. Andy had a terrible puppy farm name - they used to call him 'Cyrus the Virus' which they thought was hilariously funny - so that changed within the first hour I got him home to Andy - 'ANNNDREWWW! when I'm cross with him!! laugh.gif

Edited by westiemum

And my other dog who stayed with my ex is named Mr.Shivers. He was an unclaimed stray the last dog we took into our rescue. He trembled for weeks, hence Mr.Shivers, and ended up staying. He has blossomed into a spoilt little Mr.Shithead with too much attitude since I lost control of his day to day training and discipline !

One of the people who adopted a rescue pug from me, named him Barry. I loved it. :laugh:

I think Pugs are really suited to names like Barry and Brian and Kevin :laugh: I know one at the dog park called Tupug (as in the rapper Tupac, but he's a Pug lol). When I was considering a Pug I had the name Sammie in my head for a fawn female.

Actually I also knew a Pug x called Puck, now that I think about it.

I don't really have any names on my pet names list at the moment, I'm hoping the name will come if/when I decide on the dog.

And my other dog who stayed with my ex is named Mr.Shivers. He was an unclaimed stray the last dog we took into our rescue. He trembled for weeks, hence Mr.Shivers, and ended up staying. He has blossomed into a spoilt little Mr.Shithead with too much attitude since I lost control of his day to day training and discipline !

I had a cat who came with the flat I bought (ie was left by the previous owner) and I called her Chops coz she was so bitey at first, after a tough start in life, she became a more affectionate Choppy after she settled in.

One of the people who adopted a rescue pug from me, named him Barry. I loved it. :laugh:

I think Pugs are really suited to names like Barry and Brian and Kevin :laugh: I know one at the dog park called Tupug (as in the rapper Tupac, but he's a Pug lol). When I was considering a Pug I had the name Sammie in my head for a fawn female.

Actually I also knew a Pug x called Puck, now that I think about it.

I don't really have any names on my pet names list at the moment, I'm hoping the name will come if/when I decide on the dog.

The Puck I groom is a Pug cross. Looks like a wire coat Pug!

I have a few names but i really think you just know.

"Scott" was never on the list of possible pet names :)

One day I will have another Bouvier, a boy, named Barge

And another Chow, named YumYum

I'm not a fan of names that end in Y or a Y sound

That's so funny, I've always felt the same about names ending in Y. Although I did have Dyzney, cause it was part of the complete name I felt it was a bit different. :laugh:

I'm always a bit guarded with my names lists cause they are usually unusual and I get a bit disappointed when I see them crop up elsewhere, especially if I haven't had a chance to use it first :D therefore I'm unlikely to share ones I haven't had.

Have had Jag, Fame, Seven, Karmen, Chelt, Luke, Rose, Rhyus, Kaiser, (quite a few I didn't name with Y on the end) Legend and Dance.

I don't get enough animals to have a names list. I seem to pick a name in the lead up to a new pet and the pet that fits the name is always perfect :D If the animal is already named I never change it as I think it is rude. You wouldn't make a new friend and say I hate your name, so I'm going to call you Drama. Pretty much everyone I know renames, but I just can't do it.

Years ago I groomed a Keeshond named Enya. A little while later I picked up a KBT puppy and the owner tells me proudly...,'and her name is Enya' .....so naturally I'm like oh I groom another Enya. Well I'm pretty sure that was the biggest devastation of the KBT owners life. I'm certain they were certain they had the only dog.named Enya in the known universe, and possible beyond !

Years ago I groomed a Keeshond named Enya. A little while later I picked up a KBT puppy and the owner tells me proudly...,'and her name is Enya' .....so naturally I'm like oh I groom another Enya. Well I'm pretty sure that was the biggest devastation of the KBT owners life. I'm certain they were certain they had the only dog.named Enya in the known universe, and possible beyond !

:laugh: I knew a lab named Enya.