Folding/telescopic Dog Ramp

Staff'n'Toller

Hi guys,

Just after opinions since I haven't bought one for ages...

I need a really good quality dog ramp for a Ford Ranger, it's very high, I'm thinking the Solvit XL Ramp for SUV's would be the best choice?

Any other good options out there? :D

I have looked at these and reckon Solvit are the bees knees. No experience though.

Hi guys,

Just after opinions since I haven't bought one for ages...

I need a really good quality dog ramp for a Ford Ranger, it's very high, I'm thinking the Solvit XL Ramp for SUV's would be the best choice?

Any other good options out there? :D

I have looked at these and reckon Solvit are the bees knees. No experience though.

Thanks TSD! :thumbsup:

We have a solvit ramp,the version we have wouldn't be long enough but the quality is fantastic. We are about to upgrade to the xl to reach the platformed back of a land rover , I am seeing huge differences in price online though which is making me a bit nervous of copies. I think I am going to have to find an actual stockist and go see.

I have an aluminium dog ramp for my dual cab. Bought it from Crazy Sales about three years ago and still doing a great job of coping with two large Weims thumping up and down it.

I bought it on sale, was approx. $130 and much cheaper than the Solvit ones.

Edited by Weibritty

The Solvit ramps are great quality. I have one of the early models over 10 years old and still in fantastic condition. Very strong.

Whether a ramp will suit your situation though will depend on your dog. I have had some dogs that take to the ramp easily.

Others find it harder particularly if it is quite a slope. For these I use a large step. Mine is basically a home made wooden box.

One of these days however I will see if I can sort out something with folding legs that is easier to transport.

Thanks for all the ideas. Good to hear the Solvit brand is long lasting. :thumbsup:

I looked at the Crazy Sales ramps but I think the $179 one won't be quite long enough, although I'm still waiting to find out the length of the Ranger tray to see if the Solvit XL will fit, folded up.

It's for a Shepherd, so a motorcycle ramp may not be wide enough. Hopefully she'll use it once trained to! :)