Pekingese Wanted

Hi everyone.

I have a lady looking for a rescue Pekingese ....... She adopted one from a rescue I worked with 6 years ago, but he died last week. She is grieving and her Pomeranian is fretting.

Ideas anyone? I'm hoping we can track down a needy Peke........ It will be a fantastic home!!!!

Thanks

There are two listings here under older dogs for sale. Go to the home page and use the links at the top. They are both in tassie but don't let that put you off. Pre loved Pekes are like hens teeth!

What state is she in. I groom some dogs for a breeder here in SA I can ask

There are two listings here under older dogs for sale. Go to the home page and use the links at the top. They are both in tassie but don't let that put you off. Pre loved Pekes are like hens teeth!

What state is she in. I groom some dogs for a breeder here in SA I can ask

That's a good tip to look at older Pekes being retired to pet homes by breeders via the Home Page.

I also tried Googling 'Pet Rescue Pekingese' as the search can turn up Pekes or crosses currently listed on Pet Rescue. But no luck, a few Peke crosses (but didn't look too much like that to me), all adopted. Could be worth continuing to check, tho'.

The Tibetan Spaniel Rescue Australia Facebook Page lists notices that include Tibbie crosses with rescues/shelters around the country. Some of those can be in the category Tibbie or Peke? So worth keeping an eye there, too.

https://www.facebook.com/tibbierescueaustralia/

I hope the lady finds the Peke which will bring her joy. All of us who love a particular breed, thro' experience, know how much they mean to us.

That's a good tip to look at older Pekes being retired to pet homes by breeders via the Home Page.

I also tried Googling 'Pet Rescue Pekingese' as the search can turn up Pekes or crosses currently listed on Pet Rescue. But no luck, a few Peke crosses (but didn't look too much like that to me), all adopted. Could be worth continuing to check, tho'.

The Tibetan Spaniel Rescue Australia Facebook Page lists notices that include Tibbie crosses with rescues/shelters around the country. Some of those can be in the category Tibbie or Peke? So worth keeping an eye there, too.

I hope the lady finds the Peke which will bring her joy. All of us who love a particular breed, thro' experience, know how much they mean to us.

Thanks Mita. Have checked petrescue but will also look at Tibetan Spaniel Facebook.

Thanks Mita. Have checked petrescue but will also look at Tibetan Spaniel Facebook.

PP, here's an example of Tibbie or Peke? Little cutie with a Sydney Rescue last year (& adopted), labelled Pekingese X Tibetan Spaniel.

Has a lot of features favouring Tibbie ... but some Peke-ish, too.

post-3304-0-17095000-1472032688_thumb.jpg

Even some of the purebred Tibbies can have a Peke-ish air about them.

Edited by mita

PP, here's an example of Tibbie or Peke? Little cutie with a Sydney Rescue last year (& adopted), labelled Pekingese X Tibetan Spaniel.

Has a lot of features favouring Tibbie ... but some Peke-ish, too.

post-3304-0-17095000-1472032688_thumb.jpg

Even some of the purebred Tibbies can have a Peke-ish air about them.