Who Wants To Play "guess The Mutt Mix"

Long version short: What mutt mix do you think this girl is?

Our dog walking buddy, E, found this dog in the local reserve a few weeks ago (mid july)

E is mates with a person who runs a local rescue & used to be heavily involved in it too. So they put signs up at the local cafe where she was found, E took her home for a feed and long story short - it appears she was dumped in the reserve.

She is chipped and when they called the people on her chip they said they sold her "months ago, have moved form the area, can't have a dog and they don't want her back". The "new owners" (if they exist) can't be contacted. No one has come looking for her.

We know her name is Holly - she doesn't answer to it.

She's chipped as a "fox terrier cross".

If she has foxie in her I'll eat my hat. That said - there is possibly a grain of truth in it if that's what she's chipped as. It's possible they bought her expecting her to be more foxie like and ....

What do you think she's got in her? I think Red cattle X, E thinks whippet (I don't). She has a very long tail & is wearing one of scottie's collars and jumpers in these photos - so she's not a large dog my any means. She's very pushy, good with Scottie, good with bigger dogs, almost had a go at a smaller dog who jogged past us in the park this morning. E says she's very drivey with birds and very food driven.

The day she was found

29219056006_b80ef84476_c.jpgScreenshot_2016-08-20-23-40-19 by Superspanger, on Flickr

28632016973_e92ae3d867_c.jpgScreenshot_2016-08-20-23-40-42 by Superspanger, on Flickr

**We have her this weekend as E had a family thing and all the other fosters are full - so she needed a place for her. I agreed to take her thinking she was a "foxie"... these were taken at our place last night

29174478041_1d6510ca83_c.jpg20160826_191740 by Superspanger, on Flickr

28632036853_61bfc3aebf_c.jpg20160826_191113 by Superspanger, on Flickr

29174487871_031eec84c3_c.jpg20160826_193133 by Superspanger, on Flickr

Absolutely no idea SM! laugh.gifAll I can say is no 'westie' in there... but she's a gorgeous looking girl. Good on you.

On no!!! Criminal. :laugh: :laugh:

Hard to tell from photos. What does she weigh? That colour speckling makes me think of Pointer.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

Absolutely no idea SM! laugh.gifAll I can say is no 'westie' in there... but she's a gorgeous looking girl. Good on you.

On no!!! Criminal. :laugh: :laugh:

Hard to tell from photos. What does she weigh? That colour speckling makes me think of Pointer.

Not sure DDD. And we don't own scales.

I think she's a cross between a Cute and a Poochie... *grin*

She's certainly rather pretty, isn't she?

T.

She is very pretty, she's been trying very hard to be a good girl & has been extremely good with our grumpy old man shos been lording his seniority over her.

Absolutely no idea SM! laugh.gif All I can say is no 'westie' in there... but she's a gorgeous looking girl. Good on you.

I agree, and definitely no Papillon either. :D

You're both so helpful ;)

My pleasure SM! Happy to help as I'm sure PK is too!! rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif

Fox terrier x bull arab? Bull araby cuteness pile?

I did wonder about the bull arab....

At the end of the day we'll never knkw but id be strongly encouraging them to stop saying she's foxie cross. That implies (to me) she's mostly foxie in looks & nature

Actually, you never know... maybe the dog would come back as a "Pap x Westie" in one of those highly accurate *cough* DNA breed tests. :D

Signed,

Owner of an "ACD x JRT x Bichon". ???? :laugh:

Certainly fun for a blast!

There is a new DNA test out there called Embark that I am considering, many more breeds and more thorough testing

Signed,

Owner of a mastiff x kelpie x mutt x boston terrier :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 2 months later...