Feeding Raw Frozen Or Thawed?

spice_1

I will only feed frozen in hot weather. The rest of the time I thaw in the fridge and feed straight out of the fridge.

I won't feed red meat on the bone frozen as I think it is a danger to their teeth. Poultry and fish I will, as the bones are not so dense.

From a nutrition point of view, there is little difference between frozen , fresh or thawed.

From a palatability point of view, blood temperature is probably the most attractive I imagine.

I will only feed frozen in hot weather. The rest of the time I thaw in the fridge and feed straight out of the fridge.

I won't feed red meat on the bone frozen as I think it is a danger to their teeth. Poultry and fish I will, as the bones are not so dense.

From a nutrition point of view, there is little difference between frozen , fresh or thawed.

From a palatability point of view, blood temperature is probably the most attractive I imagine.

I do exactly the same. Sometimes my Bull Mastiff leaves his food for a while and I assume it's due to temperature, other times he wolfs it down. I feed it straight from fridge and let my dogs work it out for themselves.

I've probably ruined all positive aspects of feeding raw because I warm it, and a chopped up chicken neck, in the microwave for 30 seconds.

From my own perspective cold food has so much less flavour and smell than slightly warmed food so Im sure it brings a little more enjoyment to them.

• 5 weeks later...

I feed both frozen and defrosted, depending on what time I remember to get it out of the freezer :) I actually prefer frozen as it slows them down a lot and none of mine have an issue eating it like that. I always feed frozen to puppies as it teaches them to eat slower and also helps sooth gums during teething, so as adults it doesn't bother them as they have grown up with it.