The "want" List

MadWoofter

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small female working Malinois for agility (possibly too much dog for me :laugh: !)

Mudi (not in Australia yet :laugh: )

working Groenendael

Markiesje (not in Australia yet :laugh: )

hmmm I guess I like black dogs lol

Edited by Kavik

I've always wanted a Welsh Springer Spaniel, but hubby is concerned about the activity level.

If I could, I'd get a Bernese, Leonberger or Newfoundland - always loved them...

We talk about 'what breed to get' when our Fieldies are gone. Hubby would love another, but I'm not sure it's such a good idea as he loooooves that dog. I just don't think another would compare.

I'd like to get a dog that doesn't shed, so am leaning towards the Lagotto or a Havenese.

My whole adult life I have wished for a giant furry, newfoundland, leonberger or PMD but then I see a basset puppy and I melt. Hubby says just one dog at a time from now on. I change my mind everyday about what I am going to do.

Since seeing pictures of Grizabella's gorgeous Saluki Bella, I've been keen to learn more about them and have added them to my want list.

Then came DOLer dog Ping the Pod and I've fallen in love with them too!! I've been looking into them and would love to one day add a medium wire haired Pod into my life.

Other than that I have no real desires for other breeds; I'm and Aussie and Norwich terrier gal through and through!

All other breeds I'm happy to admire from a far (or vicariously through others!!) :laugh:

You've just reminded me, I'd love an Aussie terrier!

Wow really? So few people know of them or want one these days so sadly they're on the decline as a breed. :(

I could never live without one, two or a hundred!!

For a while now I have been totally obsessed with getting a Finnish Lapphund. I don't think I can stretch to 4 dogs so I will be patient but on my gosh they are such gorgeous dogs. The more I read about them the more I fall in love

Since seeing pictures of Grizabella's gorgeous Saluki Bella, I've been keen to learn more about them and have added them to my want list.

Then came DOLer dog Ping the Pod and I've fallen in love with them too!! I've been looking into them and would love to one day add a medium wire haired Pod into my life.

Other than that I have no real desires for other breeds; I'm and Aussie and Norwich terrier gal through and through!

All other breeds I'm happy to admire from a far (or vicariously through others!!) :laugh:

You've just reminded me, I'd love an Aussie terrier!

Wow really? So few people know of them or want one these days so sadly they're on the decline as a breed. :(

I could never live without one, two or a hundred!!

Yes, I knew one as a kid, she was awesome. Just need to convince the other half!

I'd love a Rottweiler as my next dog.

Also in the future:

More Whippets

Borzoi

Italian Greyhound

Afghan Hound

Greyhound

Saluki

Not likely to ever happen but still love:

Leonberger

Newfoundland

I'm completely in love with sighthounds now after owning my first whippet.

:thumbsup: :D

ALL OF THE SIGHTHOUNDS :angeldevil:

I can only think of one breed of sighthound that I wouldn't want to own (Afghans) and that's more of a crazy grooming requirements issue than anything else.

Unfortunately for me, the Shitty Whippet has turned the OH into a crazy whippet man and now he doesn't have much interest in looking at new breeds.

I'd sell a kidney for a borzoi but him.. "Meh, they're ugly as teenagers. Shitty Whippet was never ugly, she's the prettiest princess ever and who wuvs hers? Daddys wuvs her! Yes he does, who's the perfect dog and we don't need any big, ugly dogs? No we don'ts!" *Proceeds to feed the Shitty Whippet food from his mouth like a mother bird*

A few weeks' ago, he made a comment about how he and the Shitty Whippet were going to run away together but didn't in the end because they couldn't agree on where to go. I assume he was joking but the Shitty Whippet has a way with people so you just never know. Either way, I suspect next dog will be another whippet.

My wants in a whippet are pretty similar to K's. I was a proper sized whippet (not a 20+ kg monster), slinky and curvy, with plenty of prey drive and a sensible temperament. Colour bothers me not quite as much, as long as it's not brindle. Or almost entirely white. A fawn with a little bit of white trim would do nicely. Bonus points if it has a heavy mask, because they look cute.

I have the same dilema, i really want a lurcher/stag type, male, grey or brindle with white scruffer, more slender than wolfy built.

But the only ones i have seen in rescue are in other states with no interstate adoptions.I would have a pup or adult.

Years ago when i didnt have a spot i saw lots, now nothing. :(

I saw this on facebook and remembered someone talking about wanting a lurcher/stag type. These are in Vic

Hi hound lovers!

(Hope this is ok to post)

I have two beautiful hound xs that are in need of foster care, one a staghound x under 1, male and the other a greyhound x under 2 (looks like an over grown whippet) female, if anyone would be interest in letting some beautiful pooches share your couch please shoot me an email at [email protected]

Thankyou!

I can only think of one breed of sighthound that I wouldn't want to own (Afghans) and that's more of a crazy grooming requirements issue than anything else.

Unfortunately for me, the Shitty Whippet has turned the OH into a crazy whippet man and now he doesn't have much interest in looking at new breeds.

I'd sell a kidney for a borzoi but him.. "Meh, they're ugly as teenagers. Shitty Whippet was never ugly, she's the prettiest princess ever and who wuvs hers? Daddys wuvs her! Yes he does, who's the perfect dog and we don't need any big, ugly dogs? No we don'ts!" *Proceeds to feed the Shitty Whippet food from his mouth like a mother bird*

A few weeks' ago, he made a comment about how he and the Shitty Whippet were going to run away together but didn't in the end because they couldn't agree on where to go. I assume he was joking but the Shitty Whippet has a way with people so you just never know. Either way, I suspect next dog will be another whippet.

My wants in a whippet are pretty similar to K's. I was a proper sized whippet (not a 20+ kg monster), slinky and curvy, with plenty of prey drive and a sensible temperament. Colour bothers me not quite as much, as long as it's not brindle. Or almost entirely white. A fawn with a little bit of white trim would do nicely. Bonus points if it has a heavy mask, because they look cute.

Too funny Maddy!! I sooo needed that belly laugh sitting here in the dark!! rofl1.gif

Haha love it - and how could anyone think Borzois are ugly teenagers :laugh: 9f50e468-c036-486b-9506-20c0bf47da33_zps5b3bqnrj.jpg