Recall - Something 'special'

Willem

They must love something different

i've had so much fun with them over the years...

Played bagpipes. Wow - all the farm dogs joined in too. Got my best crowd ever.

Dad used to play clarinet - that got them in too.

And one time - I did the Mr Bean Busker dance (no music) - they really enjoyed that too.

I dare Willem to do Mr Bean busking...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please excuse the derailing Willem but had to share a picture of my Dad's cows. Its a photo of an old photo but do anything in the paddock and they'll come over and stand in a semi circle around you to see what you're doing. :laugh:

20160924_102047_zpshk5f2kno.jpg

Edited by Roova

very unusual to have so many bulls in the one paddock

My uncle would do this. Like the boys club. Because he sold his bulls as breeding stock.

So he'd have about 15 to 20 of various ages - usually sold them about 2 years old and had the next generations coming on...

And get this - had a guy come in and teach them the bovine equivalent of loose lead walking and show stacking - with reward based training - same as zoo critters. Ie you want your bulls to be friendly with people and easy to handle.

My uncle would do this. Like the boys club. Because he sold his bulls as breeding stock.

So he'd have about 15 to 20 of various ages - usually sold them about 2 years old and had the next generations coming on...

And get this - had a guy come in and teach them the bovine equivalent of loose lead walking and show stacking - with reward based training - same as zoo critters. Ie you want your bulls to be friendly with people and easy to handle.

Yeh well - you hardly want to be dragged around the show ring by half a tonne of naughty bovine.

I think that is what they do here ...the black one at the fence where she did the drop is much bigger than the others ... he actually charged the last time when we trained the drop...they can be nasty - a bull actually killed her father (worked as a cattle dog) the breeder told me recently.

Did we work it out yet?

All I've got is she recalled super the last time but you whistled instead of using the whistle, got the same response both ways

nope, ...the 'speciality' (for some people) is that her behaviour respectively response to my recall (whether I use a whistle, call her or just whistle) is - like always - very good, even though.... :)

Did we work it out yet?

All I've got is she recalled super the last time but you whistled instead of using the whistle, got the same response both ways

nope, ...the 'speciality' (for some people) is that her behaviour respectively response to my recall (whether I use a whistle, call her or just whistle) is - like always - very good, even though.... :)

I'm intrigued I'll play....even tho she's a collie and there's a bull there with no movement except eating, taking absolutely no notice of her that charged her at some time in the past???

Was there something else in the cow paddock? There appeared to be a red object. A fox? Hard to tell with the quality of the video.

Where did you see it? If there was she didn't show much interest in it.

Was there something else in the cow paddock? There appeared to be a red object. A fox? Hard to tell with the quality of the video.

...no, nothing else, especially no other dogs....

ETA:...all clues are now out there, you just have to put 1 and 1 together....

Edited by Willem

o.k....here is the (first) clue:....Pavlov might help you :)

...so it has something to do with my pet hate ....de-sexing respectively if you leave them entire....

Did we work it out yet?

....and it has something to do with her unchanged responsive behaviour ...

...no, nothing else, especially no other dogs....

ETA:...all clues are now out there, you just have to put 1 and 1 together....

...no other dogs - not that the presence of other dog would change here response to my cues much, but the other dogs might be not so well trained...

so what could happen to an entire bitch where a lot of people think that it turns them into some kind of monsters, make them totally disobedient, wipes out all the reflexes you trained over years to override all kind of drives, and let them take off straight away to follow their instincts if you risk to let them run off-leash?