A Friend Of My Daughter Is Looking To Adopt A Greyhound

I've recommended that he looks at Greyhound Rescue and GAP but wasn't sure if any other reputable rescues have some too.

The fellow in question lives in an apartment but will walk the Grey everyday. He has verbal permission to keep a dog from the landlord but I've advised him to get it in writing. He also has two house mates that are happy to have a dog live with them, one is a student at the near by Uni - so the dog won't be home alone for long days on end. It will be the only pet though.

Has no preference with age or sex, it just needs to be content to live the apartment life.

Any suggestions welcome :)

He will have heaps to choose from!thumbsup1.gif

If this is his first ever grey, he is best to go through a speciality breed rescue who can give him the back up if he has questions, especially in the early days, and who will have properly tested the grey for prey drive.

Am not in NSW, so not quite sure of grey rescue status up there, but GAP and Greyhound Rescue are both good bets!

He will have heaps to choose from!thumbsup1.gif

That's true though wanting to make sure he finds a good match for his life style.

I agree with using experienced breed rescue groups as their knowledge is invaluable :)

Get that permission in writing first, before making any commitments to a dog. :(

We've told him that this is essential as he'll have to prove to rescue groups that he has permission before being allowed to adopt!

• 3 months later...

Must be grehound day!  I've just suggested a GAP grey to an elderly couple who are the parents of friends of mine - IMO ideal dogs for elderly folks.  

And yep - first things first - get that permission in writing before you do anything else.  Then head off to GAP - they are the best people to match you to a grey.  

Goodluck and would love to hear how you get on. :)