Question About Manners Minders..

Guest crazydoglady99

Guest crazydoglady99

Just curious..

For those that already use a clicker as a marker - do you use the tone on the MM as a marker also?

I was watching the MM dvd thinking I'd rather use a clicker to mark for everything and have the MM tone turned off. But I couldn't decide if I was being pig headed or not!!

Yes, I always use the tone on the MM.

The idea of the MM in a lot of training is to take the focus away from me - so I want my dogs driving forward into 2o2o position, driving through their 2x2s poles, driving through their cavaletti, looking forward at the MM when doing their strength work - if I have the click coming from me, it encourages the dogs to focus on me, including turning their heads while doing such activities which is not good for them physically especially with repetitive behaviours.

It will take a dog less than 10 reps to figure out what that noise means. You're also going to have to manage the MM remote and a clicker if you turn the tone off.

As a side note - I really wish I'd videoed my dog's first experience with a MM. Within several beeps I had all 3 dogs crowded around it trying to shape their best tricks at the MM, freaking hilarious :rofl:

I have the tone turned off. Her head whips around at the sound of dispensing though.

Sometimes I use it as an imprecise marker for distance work. It also makes a great distraction when heeling and she can hear it dispensing but. Can't. Break. Eye. Contact!! Her struggle is real hahaha

I have the tone turned off. Her head whips around at the sound of dispensing though.

Sometimes I use it as an imprecise marker for distance work. It also makes a great distraction when heeling and she can hear it dispensing but. Can't. Break. Eye. Contact!! Her struggle is real hahaha

You hard arse :rofl:

They develop an insane amount of value for them - I have to hide mine, if it's left in view I end up with 3 dogs trying to guard the bloody thing ! They don't even do that over bones. :eek:

Guest crazydoglady99

I wish you could see my dog with the MM..

No.idea.what.this.thing.is.and.why.it's.dropping.food.

We may have taught her a bit too well not to eat kids/unattended food. Bless her.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest crazydoglady99

How do people with more than one dog use theirs?

I haven't been using it since getting a second dog, as only Ella (my original dog) will go to it, Buddy (new dog) would rather go to the door!

I'm feeling a little silly for buying it and not using it!