Herding Dog Training And Workshops

http://dogsnsw.org.au/images/Form_18_Sporting_Register_1st_July_2016.pdf

I just had a chat with a friendly lady from DogsNSW about registering her in the Sporting Register (see link). She (the lady from DogsNSW) told me that I can register her in the Sporting Register without having her de-sexed, although I don't have pedigree papers! I asked twice! She told me that the form is wrong and that they will fixing it and that I should ignore the second page.

I will try to get this confirmed from some experts in our club.

To be on the Sporting registry the dog doesn't have to be de-sexed but it does have to be registered with another association ie working border collie. Unless they have changed that very recently.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://dogsnsw.org.au/images/Form_18_Sporting_Register_1st_July_2016.pdf

I just had a chat with a friendly lady from DogsNSW about registering her in the Sporting Register (see link). She (the lady from DogsNSW) told me that I can register her in the Sporting Register without having her de-sexed, although I don't have pedigree papers! I asked twice! She told me that the form is wrong and that they will fixing it and that I should ignore the second page.

I will try to get this confirmed from some experts in our club.

To be on the Sporting registry the dog doesn't have to be de-sexed but it does have to be registered with another association ie working border collie. Unless they have changed that very recently.

I didn't spend much time getting an overview over all this organisations and authorities and policies, but at a first glance it seems to be pretty confusing. When I think about it: all what I want to do - and what she wants to do - I can do without any registration: we have fun in the normal club agility and obedience training, the herding workshops doesn't require that she is enrolled on a register or even de-sexed, or pedigree...so maybe I'm better off saving the money, that I would have to spend for all the memberships and fees, just for workshops.