Brain Tumour/ Meningitis Or Something Else

teekay

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

So, the latest update on Mya. There has been some improvement in her condition. :thumbsup: She still cannot stand without assistance but any improvement at this stage is fabulous. They will continue to administer the Valium for 3 days and see how she goes. I am cautiously optimistic at this stage, that it was the Metronidazole toxicity. OH and I are going to Brisbane today to see her, so I'm hoping we will be able to notice an improvement.

I know there will be tears when we see her :cry: I can actually cope when they are ill, it's like I switch off all my emotions and act on autopilot, but when they start to get better it all comes flooding out :cry: :cry: :cry:

And Shoelace, a special thanks has to go to you for posting when you did about the toxicity :thanks:

And of course a thanks to DOL, I may not post on here often, I read a lot but am a sporadic poster. Thank you for being here for me when I needed you :heart:

Massive kudos to shoelace... nice spotting!

Hopefully that is the issue and can be reversed in a short period of time...

Everything here crossed for a quick recovery for Mya... and not so many tears for teekay...

My furkids send their very best get well woo-woos and tail wags for Mya...

T.

Only just caught up with this thread and wanted to add my good wishes! Hope your girl is improving all the time, teekay!

What a wonderful resource DOL is, the combined knowledge of all the members make this forum a stand out! Thank you Troy!!

Adding good wishes for Mya and you teekay. And thanks to Shoelace for the heads up on Metronidazole (Flagyl). It seems to be a great tool in the tool kit, but really valuable to know that there can be a downside .. but reading one of the articles on it, it does seem that it's reversible, and faster with diazepam.

Thanks again everyone. We've just been to visit Mya and she is looking much brighter. Physically she can't move much but she can lift her head and she wagged her tail when she saw us and gave us both kisses ☺

She was far more with it than she was on Monday.

Fingers crossed she continues to improve.

This morning's update form the vets . Mya is walking :champagne::cheer::thumbsup:

She's still very wobbly but the vet says if she improves as much in the next 24 hours as she has in the previous 24, she may be able to come home tomorrow :happydance::happydance2:

What a roller coaster of a week

This morning's update form the vets . Mya is walking :champagne::cheer::thumbsup:

She's still very wobbly but the vet says if she improves as much in the next 24 hours as she has in the previous 24, she may be able to come home tomorrow :happydance::happydance2:

What a roller coaster of a week

thumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gifthumbsup1.gif Yay!