Found Some Not Long After I Posted :) Thankyou .

persephone

*sigh*

I am looking to buy a couple of Dog bellybands - but have no idea which are better/worse. My boys are , well, lacking training - and will mark inside if not watched 120% of the time .I can't afford'fashion' prices - but need something sturdily made :)

I have been looking around - and am now totally confused .

Any DOLer make them???

Edited by persephone

Guest crazydoglady99

Another option - you can buy (rather cheaply) belly bands for humans on ebay. They are stretchy with velcro and easy wash.

You can just use a piece of something stretchy like t-shirt material or polar fleece and line it with a cheap sanitary pad if needed. Cut a long strip, wrap around the dog and tie it in a bow on top of the back as they need to fit firmly. You could taper the ends to make the bow/knot easier to tie.

I have a question re belly bands - hope it is ok to add to this thread.

I have a 7yo male (swf). He is 'housetrained' in as much as he will ask to go outside if he needs to go to the loo. However, on occasion he will 'mark'. Never in the main living room areas of the house, only in the bedrooms.

Never seen him do it, just sometimes the quilt cover has a stain.

The easy fix is to close the bedroom doors - but I would prefer not to go down that road (2 reasons. the bedrooms are the only rooms in the house with carpet and all the animals (including him) like to lay on/roll on/walk on carpet some times. The other reason is that I prefer not to have to open and close doors all the time).

It has nothing to do with 'holding on' - he is rarely inside more than an hour or so without either going in and out, or the door being open for him to go where he wants. And any stain is small - not the emptying of a bladder, just a 'pee on a post' thing.

I see my options as being :

- living in a world of closed doors

- putting up with it

- belly band (working on the theory that it would be a different sensation, as well as saving the quilt/carpet (when he misses)

Am I understanding belly bands correctly?

Appreciate any other ideas. No health issues, no other 'dominance' issues - it really is a case of a boy who has a bad habit that only happens occasionally