Most Effective Cat Detterent

ari.g

I have a neighbours cat that enjoys pooing in my garden. I buy moth balls and place them in the areas that it toilets and it stops it. You can buy the moth balls in a yellow tube. I cut the tube open amd just use the balls. When the balls slowly distengrate, it comes back so I do it again. I usually have to do it every 3-6 months.

I also use Moth balls, keeps the cats away and also has the advantage of getting rid of the earwigs which were decimating my clematis.

.... and I just discovered what Malcolm has been rampaging about recently. A neighbours' cat (or could be a stray) swanning about on the other side of our fence / footpath. I am going to try the Thistle method. :thumbsup:

FYI while my poo count is decreased it does not stop furry feral visitors racing along my fence or living under my porch ????

.... and I just discovered what Malcolm has been rampaging about recently. A neighbours' cat (or could be a stray) swanning about on the other side of our fence / footpath. I am going to try the Thistle method. :thumbsup:

FYI while my poo count is decreased it does not stop furry feral visitors racing along my fence or living under my porch ????

Ah damn. I thought they were avoiding the area altogether.

Back to seemingly endless training we go...

I have a neighbours cat that enjoys pooing in my garden. I buy moth balls and place them in the areas that it toilets and it stops it. You can buy the moth balls in a yellow tube. I cut the tube open amd just use the balls. When the balls slowly distengrate, it comes back so I do it again. I usually have to do it every 3-6 months.

I will try this too. I am going away in a week and having a house sitter come in. I really don't want to have to subject him to the cat poo.

Are you a handy person??

This is hilarious and works a bit like the scarecrow sensor water sprayer Perse posted.

I would really love to set something like this up but with either fluorescent animal friendly dye or paint or something sticky that is hard for the owner to get off! (Obviously something that doesn't harm the animal!) I just want to send it home with a reminder for the owner. I have stooped to throwing all the cat poo and rocks it is stuck to in their driveway so they have to clean it up :(

i have started to get a big ginger cat sitting on my bench on the front lawn and catching lizards! this morning i came back from my walk and it leapt in the air to catch a native parrot, the little bastard!

i have never had a cat problem before as the dogs bark through the garage door screen if they come anywhere near, but since losing ozzie this cat is here everyday, i reckon i am going to blast it with the hose!

no idea where it lives either.