Christmas Gifts!

Papillon Kisses

:xmaswave: Ok so our tree isn't up yet and truth be told we have to hide Malcolm's presents out of sight/smell anyway. He always works out which are his and freezes in front of them waiting for permission to unwrap them, or swans about below if they're up high! :laugh:

That said, I'm starting to organise gifts for the pups in my life and am very excited. Can you tell?! :xmassmile:

Malcolm is getting a Kyjen Wobblerz which is a less-threatening version of a Kong Wobbler. It will still require some confidence building and teaching, but that's always a good thing! He'll also get treats of some description. :xmassnowball:

Malcolm's Gotcha Day is also coming up on the 2nd Jan so I have that to think about too. I'm hoping to finally finish his Snuffle Mat and decide on patches for his Nosework harness (ok that's more a gift for myself but it'll be cute!). :)

This year I also have my parents' Toy Poodle Hamilton to buy for! I haven't worked his out yet. I was originally thinking a Hide a Squirrel or Kyjen Egg Baby, but he loves the beach and is soon to go camping in QLD so I think a floating toy would be good, bonus points if it squeaks! Ideas are welcome. :xmascheer:

What do you have planned for the dog/s in your life?

:xmasmerrychristmas::xmaslights::xmastree::xmasrudolph::xmassantawave:

Edited by Papillon Kisses

Guest crazydoglady99

So far, ours are getting some treat balls, kong toys ?wubba, kong wobblas, carob/yogurt treats, and a few other toys.

Soo excited!

Hadn't heard of Trektons! They look like fun.

Malcolm used to be soooo selective with toys, he was even afraid of Kongs! The Busy Buddy Barnacle was his gateway into the world of treat/food dispensing toys. It took a couple of months to desensitize him to it and build his confidence as he was scared of the rubbery type material. Nosework helped a lot too. Now he bats it around! When he got the hang of the Barnacle he became interested in a puppy Kong I had laying around as he now associated the material with food. Happy days!

What type of toys do the Cavs like, Denali? I think the Barnacle was such a hit with Mal as he likes balls that bounce erratically (Planet Dog orbees are his fave). I came across Kyjen bottle babies recently, a food dispensing toy for soft toy lovers!

Edited by Papillon Kisses

Fingers crossed one of mine will get an early Christmas present...flying her to Brisbane for Susan Garrett's H360 seminar. If we don't get a working spot then I'll audit the entire weekend. That will do them for a start lol. Especially seeing as we only had 3 weeks notice!!!

Oh that sounds amazing! A Christmas present for you both!

Malcolm has a couple of Christmas-themed Nosework events to attend. I can't wait. He will be so happy. :D

Guest crazydoglady99

I came across Kyjen bottle babies recently, a food dispensing toy for soft toy lovers!

OMG why do I not know about these!! Guess what else my two will be getting!!

(And a snuffle mat, I forgot that on my first reply)

I came across Kyjen bottle babies recently, a food dispensing toy for soft toy lovers!

OMG why do I not know about these!! Guess what else my two will be getting!!

(And a snuffle mat, I forgot that on my first reply)

I think I've only seen them for sale at that particular store. Love that I'm enabling the purchase of food dispensing / environment enrichment toys. :D

Is it mean to say nothing for the boy this year?

LOL - he's so badly spoiled every day & has about 5 toys on the go at the moment. So Gotcha day (soon) and chrissy will be non-events for the little man this year. I did think about buying him a new snake but ... he *really* doesn't need it.

Hamilton might like one of these: http://k9pro.com.au/invincibles-gecko/ (I got one for Scotties cousin Jem recently as the snake is massive)

Hamilton might like one of these: http://k9pro.com.au/invincibles-gecko/ (I got one for Scotties cousin Jem recently as the snake is massive)

Haha I was thinking of one of those giant invincible snakes. I can picture him dragging the thing all over the place. Lately he's been selecting toys to accompany him when he does his business, apparently needs a friend for company. :rofl:

I'm sure everyday is Christmas for Scotty boy.

I don't know what to get my girl - she already has every toy under the sun! But I can't deny her the joy of unwrapping something on Christmas morning. biggrin.gif What do you get a dog who already has everything?! rofl1.gif

Food gifts!

Last year we got Malcolm a whole dried salmon head. Broke it into small pieces for training.

It was simultaneously the most disgusting and amazing gift ever. :eek: :laugh:

Haha I was thinking of one of those giant invincible snakes. I can picture him dragging the thing all over the place. Lately he's been selecting toys to accompany him when he does his business, apparently needs a friend for company. :rofl:

I'm sure everyday is Christmas for Scotty boy.

Everyday *is* like Chrissy for the little shite ;) Plus I'm sure that the Elf will send him a little something which is either delicious or fun or both. And really I'll probably cave and organise something for him

The snakes are massive. Really it's too big for Scottie - but ya know...

Will grab a photo / measurement for you at some stage *wish me luck*

Malcolm is now also getting a Christmas tree as an early Christmas present. :D

He loves the whole Christmas tree/gift giving experience. Checking out the presents under the tree beforehand, working out which is his, watching everyone take turns to unwrap theirs and sticking his snoot in to see whether it might actually be something for him. He regularly returns to the tree in the days following to see if something else has appeared for him. :D

But this usually all happens at my parents' house and they have their own little dog now who for no fault of his own would cause Malcolm some anxiety (puppy is wonderful but Mal is dog reactive).

So Mr PK has arranged his very own tree. We will probably have to skip the lights and anything reflective due to Malcolm's OCD, but a tree he will have. I may even wrap up some of his existing things so he has even more presents to unwrap. :)

:xmastree: :xmastree: :xmastree:

Oh and I found a gift for the toy poodle.

I got it from a pet supplies store but it's this lobster https://www.amazon.com/Ethical-Products-DSO5870-Lobster-14-Inch/dp/B007CRD93O

The main body of the toy is 23cm, the claws and tail are flappy which should be lots of fun. The shop assistant said they float really well on the surface of the water and don't get heavy.

Crumpets Christmas has come early this year - She got Cruciate surgery on Monday. Not much fun for her or me or the bank account. I bought Shab a new bed - no idea why - she prefers to sleep on the lounge, but I like it. They are both getting new microfibre towels and new food dishes. I always end up getting them food treats of some sort because they're not into playing with toys anymore, well Crumpet kind of is but she usually just wants to destroy whatever I give her. Pretty sure they'll be happy with treats though they're both obsessed with food.