Entering A Newly Imported Dog For Sydney Royal

Grimm93

Hi,

These might be really ridiculous questions so I apologise for that.

This is my first time importing a dog and also the first time entering Sydney Royal.

I have read the Imported Dog Information Sheet and had a few questions.

Firstly, it says that the exhibit’s pedigree needs to be lodged, prior to being shown, with the ANKC Ltd Member Body’s Office in the State or Territory where the exhibit is to be first shown. Is it asking for the pedigree for the country of origin in this case the AKC? Or the Export Pedigree? Can it actually be a copy or do I have to wait until I receive the original when the import arrives? He only gets out of quarantine 3 days before the breed is on at the Royal so if it needs to be the original is 3 days long enough? If I can send in a photocopy to DogsNSW how long before the show should I send the pedigree in?

Can I actually enter the dog when he will not be in the country at the time of entering? He will be in the country 3 months from the closing date.

Is there anything else I should know?

Also are there any other shows I can enter while he is not registered with the ANKC, only with AKC? I am not from NSW but will be there for a few weeks after as I am showing my dogs at several all breeds shows and our specialty shows. I am not comfortable sending his paperwork by post back to my state's controlling body so cannot register him until I return home.

Thank you in advance.

States may differ.

Basically you should be having this conversation with DogSA if that is the state that you are resident in, and that the dog will be resident in.

And the paperwork doesn't all have to come with the physical dog...some can precede the dog and your state body might give you a "pending" ANKC registration that will allow you to enter shows, just depending on the last quarantine boxes to be ticked to change the "pending" to finalised.