Dog Attack In Penrith

asal

muggins me had offered to come catch a dog threatening her cat, but it disappeared before I could get there and then this happens two days later, n yep its one of the three mentioned. gee I'm so lucky, she told me it was a staffy. :eek: obviously not, I keep forgetting there are English staffys and then there's the other staffy

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-11-24/three-people-injured-in-dog-attack-at-penrith/8052634

I had read they also used a taser on them but dogs were too amped up to be affected. The article I saw had photos and it was like a murder site, blood from the people everywhere. Road, cars, walls, plants. :( and a child saw it all, so horrible for all involved and who witnessed!

(This is not whatever article I read a few days ago,so no pictures):

Taser shocks had little effect on three vicious dogs that mauled a police officer and a couple in western Sydney.

A 48-year-old man suffered multiple severe bite wounds to both arms and legs while his partner, 43, was bitten on the leg and hip when they were attacked by their neighbour's dogs on arriving home in Penrith on Wednesday night.

A police officer who rushed to the Parker Street scene suffered a dislocated shoulder and deep bite to her leg after two of the dogs knocked her to the ground.

Inspector Kylie Koenig from Penrith Local Area Command said the officer's leg wound went through to the bone and that she would need surgery.

Recommended

news Teen filmed balcony hopping at schoolies

news Turkey dismisses sexual assault proposal

Recommendations powered by plista

'There was a young child that was present at the time,' Insp Koenig told reporters on Thursday.

'It was quite a traumatic incident for all.

'They were extremely vicious dogs that required police to utilise OC spray numerous times and even resort to the use of a Taser, which had very little effect.'

No decision has yet been made about future of the dogs, which were being held by Penrith Council on Thursday afternoon.

Two of the three have been described as American Staffordshire-cross-pitbulls.

Their owner, a 29-year-old man, and his 31-year-old partner were both due to face Penrith Local Court on Thursday.

It's alleged the man threatened a senior constable after he was told the dogs had been taken to the pound.

The 31-year-old woman is accused of intimidating neighbours and breaching bail conditions.

- See more at: http://www.skynews.com.au/news/national/nsw/2016/11/24/dogs-attacks-nsw-police-officer--couple.html#sthash.gY2VcPdF.dpuf

With regular dog attack items appearing here maybe forum admins should create a sub-forum specifically for dog attacks?

consider the heading is "In the news" where is the problem?

No problem,but news of a dog attack comes up with such regularity that I thought it might be worthwile creating a newss sub-forum specially for the subject. After all, there is a sub forum for cruelty & abuse news.

What do they mean no decision has been made about the dogs? What is there to even consider?

If the dogs haven't been declared dangerous/menacing/restricted previously the council does not have the power to destroy them if the owners don't surrender them. I'd imagine they'd be working on that or preparing to prosecute if the owners were adamant, in order to request destruction from the Magistrate.

The dogs should be destroyed, obviously, but it can take some work to get there if the owners don't surrender.

Other articles described both owners being arrested, with the female abusing the neighbours and other pretty unsavoury stuff. Clearly not responsible and community minded dog owners.

What do they mean no decision has been made about the dogs? What is there to even consider?

If the dogs haven't been declared dangerous/menacing/restricted previously the council does not have the power to destroy them if the owners don't surrender them. I'd imagine they'd be working on that or preparing to prosecute if the owners were adamant, in order to request destruction from the Magistrate.

The dogs should be destroyed, obviously, but it can take some work to get there if the owners don't surrender.

Other articles described both owners being arrested, with the female abusing the neighbours and other pretty unsavoury stuff. Clearly not responsible and community minded dog owners.

what fails me is the police woman attacked, used a taser, capsicum spray but not her gun? Considering the damage they did to her the excuse I don't want to fill out 7 lots of paperwork leaves me unbelieving, a dog around here attacking goats, sheep, cattle or horses don't get second chances, the guns come out in every house withing phone call and they are hunted by all once the alarm goes out. No second chances out here to maim again

Yeah but it's a bigger deal to fire a weapon in suburbia vs rural. That said, she would have been well within her rights to shoot the dogs.

So hope she is ok, it said later the bites were into the bone, that is a recipe for disaster if the bone becomes infected, awful thing to have happen when your just doing your job. shameful such dogs were on the loose.