Tranter Has A New Playground

Steve

My link

Robbie Laing's daughter Grace receives graphic picture after singing national anthem at race meeting

ANIMAL rights protesters have sent graphic messages to the 14-year-old daughter of horse trainer Robbie Laing.

Grace Laing before singing the national anthem at Sandown racecourse.

Grace Laing, a finalist on The Voice Kids, was "shocked and saddened" to receive the tweet of a dead horse after she sang the national anthem to a crowd of thousands at the weekend's Sandown Cup.

The tweet showed a billboard picture of dead racehorse Pride Of Westbury, which Laing trained, with the message "wonder if she's seen this? Everyone else has".

Her mother Rachael Laing said the message ruined what was an exciting day for the young singer.

"She was just shocked, shocked and put back," Mrs Laing said.

"She's just turned 14, she's a child, she shouldn't be subjected to seeing a dead horse on the ground and have to defend the racing industry."

Mrs Laing said her husband was often sent graphic messages, but "when it's your children it's completely different".

"I know we can't protect our children from everything but those anti-racing people should not be targeting children, it's just not right.

Debra Tranter, a volunteer with the Coalition for the Protection of Racehorses, sent the tweet in reply to the Melbourne Racing Club and said she didn't realise Grace was just 14.

"I was just following Racing Victoria and doing a tweet storm to get the billboard out there," she said.

"I sincerely apologise for any distress I've caused Grace, I didn't realise her age.

"I apologise if Grace is upset by it but I'm an animal activist and I take every opportunity to raise awareness and educate."

GRACE TO SHOW VOCAL TALENTS AT SANDOWN

Ms Tranter, the founder of animal advocacy group Oscar's Law, stood down as public face of the group over the past week partly she said because of online trolling she had been subjected to.

"I do not condone any bullying of any form, I saw my tweet more of posing a question."

Edited by Steve

This was two years ago I remember it well it was appalling.

She got more than she bargained for though and was slammed on social media and went to ground for a while.

What a cretin she is :mad

I only noticed the November 17th and thought it was recent. Sorry old news.

the good side is she showed herself up.

Bullying when its done to her. educating when she does it to others

fascinating mind compartmentalising

Just finished reading the article at the bottom, he broke his neck in a fall.

Although to a degree im ambilavent about racing to a degree, I loath 2 yr old races, be happy if both 2 and 3 yr old racing was banned even though one on cyberhorse insists research has supposedly proven it is not bad for them.

I know mine love to race even though they arent throughbreds, someone goes overtake when out for a ride and watch out, my old boy would take off like a scalded cat to keep his nose in front, could be a real pain.

She would never sleep at night I suspect if she knew how many horses that never saw a racetrack and were not thoughbred manage to self destruct in any given year. enforced stint at one of the large vet clinics would unhinge her mind I suspect

Edited by asal